Administration Clerk: Logistical Services (Metro North), Ref No. DSD 164/2021
Western Cape Department of Social Development - Cape Town, Western Cape
Full-Time | Government
Closing date yi 17 ka January 2022
- The Department of Social Development, Western Cape Government has an opportunity for a competent individual to render an effective administration support service.
- Senior Certificate (Grade 12 or equivalent qualification).
Skills & Competencies
- A good understanding of clerical duties, practices as well as the ability to capture data, operate computer and collecting statistics;
- Legislative framework governing the Public Service;
- Working procedures in terms of the working environment;
- Communication (written and verbal);
- Planning and organising;
- Proven computer literacy (MS Office);
- Interpersonal relations;
- Flexibility and team work.
- Render general clerical support services: Record, organise, store, capture and retrieve correspondence and data (line function); Update registers and statistics;
- Provide Supply Chain clerical support services: Liaise with internal and external stakeholders in relation to procurement of goods and services; Obtain quotations, complete procurement forms for the purchasing of standard office items;
- Provide personnel administration services: Maintain a leave register for the component; Keep and maintain personnel records;
- Provide financial administration support services: Capture and update expenditure for the component; Check correctness of subsistence and travel claims of officials and submit to manager for approval.
- Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes.
- These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department.
- The selection process will be guided by the EE targets of the employing department.
- Kindly note that technical support is only available from Monday to Friday from 8:00 to 16.00.
- Should you experience any difficulties with your online application you may contact the helpline at 0861 370 202.
- Please ensure that you submit your application before the closing date as no late applications will be considered.
- R176 310 per annum (Salary level 5)
Note on remuneration
- Cost-to-employer (CTE) remuneration packages for certain occupation-specific dispensations (OSD), the middle-management service (MMS) and contract positions are inclusive of all costs related to service benefits or obligations including basic salary, 13th cheque, medical assistance, housing assistance, pension-fund contributions, etc.
- MMS remuneration packages are flexible and may be individually structured as prescribed.
- Where remuneration is not indicated as CTE, employees' service benefits or obligations are funded or co-funded in terms of the applicable prescripts or collective agreements.
Mr JJ Minyi at (021) 483 7924
Lo msebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 26 ka November 2021