Senior Administrative Officer Supply Chain Management (Procurement and Bid Administration)
Western Cape Department of Health - Parow, Cape Town, Western Cape
Full-Time | Government
Closing date yi 21 ka May 2021
- Appropriate 3-year National Diploma/ Degree.
- Appropriate experience in Bids and Contract Management and procurement processes.
Skills & Competencies
- Appropriate knowledge and experience in Supply Chain Management, bid administration, tendering processes and provisioning.
- Extensive knowledge of the LOGIS/SYSPRO or a similar Procurement Management System.
- Ability to interpret and apply financial policies, procedures and prescripts.
- Knowledge of demand, acquisition, provision, contract and bid management policies, prescripts and procedures.
- Computer literacy. All round operational experience in Supply Chain Management.
- Knowledge of the Public Finance Management Act (PFMA), National, Provincial Treasury Regulations and the Accounting Officer's System of the Department of Health, including delegations, IPS (Integrated Procurement Soloutions) system.
- Assist and support the Assistant Director and other senior management in achieving the Supply Chain strategic and operational objectives of the institution.
- Effective reporting to management.
- Perform service contracts (formal and informal), manage the Bid administration process and provide up-to-date training and guidance to staff in all aspects of bid and procurement processes.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of requisitioning, awarding and ordering.
- Ensure prompt processing of bid documentation and full compliance to all legislative regulations for all contracts for the institution.
- Includes renewals and amendment of contracts and dealing with audit queries.
- Serve as active member of Quotation Committee, provide advice, statistical information and adjudication of quotations.
- Provide internal support and advice on SCM Policies and procedures to management and end-users.
- Candidates will be subjected to a practical assessment.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
- As directed by the Department of Public Service and Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records and previous employment.
- It will be expected of candidates to be conversant in at least two of the official languages (English/Afrikaans/Xhosa) of the Western Cape.
- It will be expected of shortlisted candidates to be:
- available at the venue on the time and date as determined by the Department and
- bring along recently (not older than 6 months) certified copies of your Identity Document (ID), driver’s license (if applicable for the post), qualification and/or proof of registration at relevant statutory body.
- Failure to adhere to the aforementioned may lead to his/her application being disqualified and not further considered.
- R316 791 - R373 167 per annum Annual salary plus service benefits (13th cheque, employer's contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance).
- Mr N Martin, tel. no. (021) 938-5607
Lo msebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 3 ka May 2021