Porter (10 posts)
Western Cape Department of Health - Parow, Cape Town, Western Cape
Full-Time | Government
Closing date yi 17 ka December 2021
- Institution: Tygerberg Hospital, Parow Valley
- Basic numeracy and literacy.
- Appropriate experience in a hospital environment.
Skills & Competencies
- Ability to communicate in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Ability to handle have objects.
- Transport patients and corpses.
- Transport blood specimens from various wards to various laboratories and vice versa.
- Assist with loading of patients in and out of ambulances, vehicles, to, from, beds, trolleys, or wheelchairs and vice versa.
- Responsible for collecting and cleaning of wheelchairs, trolleys and blood hampers.
- Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s.
- A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered.
- Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement.
- No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted.
- CV’s will not be returned.
- Excess personnel will receive preference.
- Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered.
- Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates.
- If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
- It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
- As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
- The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity.
- Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated.
Inherent requirements of the job
- Willingness to work shifts and ability to report for duty at 6:30 (weekends included).
- Willingness to handle bodies (corpses).
- Ability to handle heavy objects.
- Willingness to work irregular hours as required.
- (Tygerburger 1/12/2021, PSVC 43/2021)
- R104 073 per annum
- Mr J Roberts
- Tel: (021) 938-4121
Lo msebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 2 ka December 2021