Driver (Light Duty Vehicle)
Western Cape Department of Health - Saldanha, Western Cape
Full-Time | Government
Closing date yi 4th ka February 2022
- Institution: Saldanha PHC (West Coast District)
- Basic literacy and numeracy.
- Appropriate experience of transporting personnel and goods.
- Valid (Code B/C1/EB) driver's license.
- Valid PDP (must be valid at the time of the closing of the post).
- Must be physically fit and able to load/unload heavy goods/equipment.
Skills & Competencies
- Must be able to speak clearly and legible.
- Must be able to speak in two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Knowledge of Transport regulations (Handbook 1 of 2019).
- Ability to accept accountability, responsibility and to work independently.
- Must be able to read and write accurately.
- Daily transporting of post, packages, medication, goods and equipment and if necessary official passengers.
- Daily completion of logbooks.
- Conduct routine inspection, maintenance, cleaning of vehicle and report any defects.
- Perform routine administrative duties when required and respond to emergencies when necessary.
- Support to supervisors and clinics when required.
- Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s.
- A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered.
- Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement.
- No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted.
- CV’s will not be returned.
- Excess personnel will receive preference.
- Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered.
- Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates.
- If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
- It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
- As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
- The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity.
- Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated.
Inherent requirements of the job
- Willingness to work shifts and ability to report for duty at 6:30 (weekends included).
- Willingness to handle bodies (corpses).
- Ability to handle heavy objects.
- Willingness to work irregular hours as required.
- (Weslander 20/1/2022, PSVC 1/2022)
- R104 073 per annum
- Ms AR Louw
- Tel: (022) 709-5066
Lo msebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 15 ka January 2022