Administrative Officer: Support Services (Rochester House)
Western Cape Department of Health - Observatory, Cape Town, Western Cape
Full-Time | Government
Closing date yi 16 ka May 2022
- A job opportunity exists for the right candidate in Western Cape.
- The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity.
- Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply and an indication in the regard will be appreciated.
- No payment of any kind is required when applying for any of the positions advertised by the Western Cape Government.
- Senior Certificate (or equivalent).
- Appropriate experience in Manage a Hostel/Dormitory Residence/Hotel.
- Appropriate experience in Personnel Management.
- Appropriate experience in Office and Financial administration.
Skills & Competencies
- Good communication skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Knowledge of the Labour Relations Act.
- Computer literacy (MS Office) and typing proficiency.
- Manage the Operations of the Groote Schuur Hospital staff Residence.
- Personnel Management, including submission of monthly reports, submission of monthly stats and the maintenance of a hygienic environment at the Residence.
- Financial administration and follow up on cash payments including reminders on expiry of lease agreements.
- Respond and resolve all queries and complaints, including repairs and maintenance of the residence.
- Relieve the duties of Supervisors and Managers within the Facility Management Department and assist with ad-hoc duties in the department.
- Candidates may be subjected to a competency test.
- No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
- As directed by the Department of Public Service and Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records and previous employment.
- It will be expected of candidates to be conversant in at least two of the official languages (English/Afrikaans/Xhosa) of the Western Cape.
- It will be expected of shortlisted candidates to be: available at the venue on the time and date as determined by the Department and bring along recently (not older than 6 months) certified copies of your Identity Document (ID), driver’s license (if applicable for the post), qualification and/or proof of registration at relevant statutory body.
- Failure to adhere to the aforementioned may lead to his/her application being disqualified and not further considered.
Inherent Requirement of the Job:
- Willingness to perform standby.
- Relieve and other related duties. Valid (Code B/EB) drivers' licence.
- R261 372- R 307 890 per annum Annual salary plus service benefits (13th cheque, employer's contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance).
- Mr F Olivier, tel. no. (021) 404-3163
Lo msebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 25 ka April 2022