Administrative Officer: Library Service (Cape Winelands/Overberg Control Area), Ref No. CAS 13/2022
Western Cape Department of Cultural Affairs and Sport - Worcester, Western Cape
Full-Time | Government
Closing date yi 4th ka July 2022
The Department of Cultural Affairs and Sport, Western Cape Government has an opportunity for a suitably qualified and competent individual to provide support services in respect of library related information within an area.
- An appropriate 3-year National Diploma/B-Degree (or higher qualification);
- A minimum of 1-year relevant experience.
Skills & Competencies
- Knowledge of LIMS (Library and Information Management System);
- Writing and reporting;
- Planning and organising;
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations;
- Learning and researching;
- Relating and networking;
- Presenting and communication information;
- Adapting and responding to change;
- Computer literacy;
- Problem solving;
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Coordinate and distribute library related information;
- Provide administrative support to the region;
- Provide Library system support to regions;
- Provision of administrative support to the component.
- Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes.
- These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department.
- The selection process will be guided by the EE targets of the employing department.
- Kindly note that technical support is only available from Monday to Friday from 8:00 to 16.00.
- Should you experience any difficulties with your online application you may contact the helpline at 0861 370 202.
- Please ensure that you submit your application before the closing date as no late applications will be considered.
- R261 372 per annum (Salary Level 7)
Note on remuneration
- Cost-to-employer (CTE) remuneration packages for certain occupation-specific dispensations (OSD), the middle-management service (MMS) and contract positions are inclusive of all costs related to service benefits or obligations including basic salary, 13th cheque, medical assistance, housing assistance, pension-fund contributions, etc.
- MMS remuneration packages are flexible and may be individually structured as prescribed.
- Where remuneration is not indicated as CTE, employees' service benefits or obligations are funded or co-funded in terms of the applicable prescripts or collective agreements.
Ms Y Herbst at (023) 342 5053/072 304 8349