Retail Assistant (Sales Administrator)
University of the Witwatersrand - Johannesburg, Gauteng
Full-Time | Retail
Closing date yi 31st ka January 2022
- The purpose of the job is to provide retail assistance in the Origins Centre shop and support museum operations.
- Matric Certificate or equivalent
- 3+ relevant experience in a retail environment (experience at the University or tertiary educational sector will be advantageous).
- Experience working with card machine and cash sales
Skills & Competencies
- Good understanding of sales processes and basic accounting
- Computer literate (MS Word, Excel, Email, Internet), knowledge of Pastel is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of University operating systems and processes
- Problem-solving skills, ability to take initiative
- Excellent time management, ability to prioritise, make decisions and solve problems in a complex environment with competing demands
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal and organization skills.
- Customer Services
- Sales & Ticketing
- Cashing up and stock taking
- Replenishing of stock and administrative related tasks
Safety & Security:
- OHS&E – As per outlined role
- Opening & Lock-up of the museum and the shop
- School & Group Bookings (Securing bookings and administrative related tasks)
- Provide Technical Assistance – Museum AV Systems for Activities & Events
- House Keeping – Tech Rooms & Stores
- Other tasks or activities which fall within the general functioning of the Origins Centre as determined by the Head of Origins and the operations Manager.
- External applicants are invited to apply by registering their profile on the Wits i-Recruitment platform located and submitting applications.
- Only applicants who meet the minimum requirements should apply by submitting a covering letter accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of all educational qualifications and identity document with names and e-mail addresses of 3 referees.
- Shortlisted candidates may be subjected to a competency assessment.
Lo msebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 20 ka January 2022