University of Cape Town - Observatory, Cape Town, Western Cape
Full-Time | Secretary
Closing date yi 1st ka July 2022
- The Department of Human Biology invites applicants from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for this full-time permanent position.
- We seek to attract a highly organized person with excellent interpersonal, communication and administration skills who can show initiative and problem-solving abilities.
- Matric (Pass - Grade 12) or equivalent
- Secretarial or administration diploma or an equivalent degree at NQF level 7
- 3 or more years’ experience in a Senior Secretarial position, preferably in an educational institution
Skills & Competencies
- Advanced computer literacy in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint specifically understanding MS Excel formulas and application of marks processing is essential
- Fluent in English - written and verbal
- Excellent administrative, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to be pro-active and show initiative
- A demonstrated ability to perform multiple tasks efficiently, to prioritize and to follow up on matters
- Meticulous attention to detail and Excellent organizational skills
- Assisting with course administration, support to the undergraduate and postgraduate administrators and convenors, and academic administration of courses (timetables, lecture material, etc.).
- Diary Management and Personal administrative assistance for the Head of Division (Clinical Anatomy and Biological Anthropology).
- Conducting marks processing.
- Assist with booking of venues and timetables for the administrators both Undergraduate and Postgraduate activities.
- Assisting with Administering examination processes.
- Liaising with students and staff of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes; external and internal examiners; departmental and faculty administrators.
- The incumbent is expected to help with ad hoc duties which arise from time to time.
- Please ensure the title and reference number are indicated in the subject line.
- An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and will be required to undergo a computer literacy test in MS word & Excel.
- Knowledge of the University’s administrative procedures including PeopleSoft and VULA
- Experience in undergraduate and postgraduate administration.
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file to Khalida Crawley:
- UCT Application Form (download at http://forms.uct.ac.za/hr201.doc);
- Cover letter, and
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- The 2022 annual remuneration for this full-time position is R236 997 to R278 817 and will be based on skills and experience.
- 021 404 7706
Download Full Vacancy
Aplaya nge Email