Administrative Assistant: College of Accounting
University of Cape Town - Rondebosch, Cape Town, Western Cape
Full-Time | Administration
Closing date yi 21 ka January 2022
- The College of Accounting is seeking to employ a permanent, qualified and highly motivated individual to join the undergraduate administrative team as an Administrative Assistant.
- The main purpose of this position is to proactively provide efficient and effective secretarial and administrative support to the undergraduate section.
- The successful candidate will have a direct reporting line to the Undergraduate Administrative Officer.
- Matric or equivalent qualification e.g., NQF 4
- A minimum of 2 years administrative work experience within a higher education environment
Skills & Competencies
- Working knowledge of an ERP system
- Demonstrable written and verbal communication skills coupled with sound interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable computer literacy with a particular proficiency in MS Word and Excel at an intermediate level
- Good time management, planning and organisational skills
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team within a deadline driven environment
- The ability to multi-task and work accurately with minimal supervision
- Ability to take initiative
- Strong sense of client focus and service orientation
- The ability to occasionally work overtime and offer general team support if and when required
- Operations and office administration
- Marks processing
- Liaise with Academic staff and Students
- Examination’s administration
- Course administration
- HR and Finance administration
- Please ensure the title and reference number are indicated in the subject line.
- An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and will be required to undergo a skills assessment.
The following would be advantageous:
- NQF5 and 4 years relevant work experience
- Knowledge of UCT Policies and Procedures
- Experience in Peoplesoft, SAP and/or VULA programs
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file:
- UCT Application Form (download at http://forms.uct.ac.za/hr201.doc);
- Cover letter; and
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- The annual cost of employment, including benefits is between R337 873 and R397 499.
- 021 650 5717
Download Full Vacancy