Security Manager (Ore Corridor): Fixed Term: Re-advert
Transnet - Saldanha, Western Cape
Contract | Security
Closing date yi 27 ka January 2022
- To provide strategic direction/leadership for the protection and safeguarding of all Transnet Engineering Employees, Customers, Property and Assets, by enhancing security operations and ensure timely execution of the security business plan.
- National Diploma in Security, Policing or Investigations or equivalent criminal justice or related
- Security Related Training certificates will be added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years’ Security Operations experience in a complex environment in the following areas is mandatory: Physical security; Personnel security; Document security; Security investigations; Crime prevention; Stakeholder engagement; Technical Security; Security Risk Assessments; Security training and awareness; Disciplinary processes.
- Be registered with PSIRA as grade A / or be prepared to register and pass PSIRA Grade Level A within probation period
- Drivers’ License (Code 08)
- Travel as required and approved by the business
Skills & Competencies
- Strategy & Sustainability
- Inspirational Leadership
- Business Performance and Delivery
- Relationship Management
- Corporate Governance & Compliance
- Personal Mastery
- Implementation of security and asset protection strategies, policies, standards and procedures that regulate for a safe and stable Corridor operation.
- Ensure compliance with all audit requirements, quality and risk management framework, standards and procedures within the Corridor.
- Understand and translate strategic direction of the Corridor.
- Understand the competitive drivers of the strategy.
- Understand and translate strategic initiatives for the function/ Corridor.
- Oversight on security initiatives within the Corridor.
- Review financial reports to ensure efficiency and quality of security operations.
- Implementation of sound business continuity and stability programs that reduce any form of crime not limited to incidents of theft, vandalism of property and threats to the physical security of employees.
- Identify, analyse, forecast and report to the Head Operations and Liaison on potential risks and security related threats to company assets, employees and customers in order to proactively institute strategies to mitigate them.
- Drive the execution of all security projects within the Corridor.
- Collaborate with other Government Institutions and law enforcement Agencies, to coordinate and facilitate security efforts which are of Corridor importance.
- Plan and manage crime prevention operations in order to curb and reduce crime incidents within the Corridor.
- Prepare, provide and manage operational area budget and control expenditure.
- Implement and monitor continuous improvement principles.
- Enhance, Manage and direct Asset Utilisation and the utilization of resources (effectively within the Corridor operational area.
- Driving performance and focus on performance enhancement.
- Takes a broader perspective to performance and understands cross functional dependencies.
- Continuously monitor, evaluate and get feedback from those in order to measure the productivity and performance.
- Giving specific deliverables, setting of clear targets and objectives.
- Oversee and manage all security contracts and service level agreements with 3rd party service providers to ensure proper levels of corporate governance control with clear terms of reference are implemented and complied with.
- Establish security gathering information networks and surveillance systems to manage and control cable theft, asset vandalising and other criminal activities.
- Resource an appropriate Security structure that is able to respond to the Security challenges experienced by TE, in order to meet the Safety standards and objectives determined by Transnet Engineering.
- Ensure that all training needs are identified and processed promptly and are undertaken at appropriate times.
- Undertake the execution of Security Risk Assessment in the corridor and ensure that identified recommendations are planned for (budgeted) and executed so as to minimise security risks.
- Information management that addresses the capturing of security incidents, compiling security statistics in the corridor, determining tendencies and trends and directing operations and efforts.
- Internal (other Operating Divisions) and external (SAPS, Metro Police, CPF etc) liaison, planning and joint opertions targeted against specific security exposures.
- Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section of the Transnet Internet.
- Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application before the closing date of the advertisement.
- Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
- Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to [email protected]
- We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at Transnet.
- Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email [email protected]
- Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating Division.
Download Full Vacancy
Lo msebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 18 ka January 2022