The Westin Waiter - Ground Floor Cape Town
Closing date ayichazwanga
- The successful incumbent will be responsible to perform duties but not limited to stock control, waiter functions and perform other duties as per Marriott’s standard operating policies and procedures.
- Minimum two years’ experience in a similar position.
Skills & Competencies
- Customer / staff focused
- Ability to work without supervision
- Positive, Motivated and Enthusiastic personality
- Team orientated
- Ability to speak, read and engage in the English language
- Familiar with Cape Town surrounding Area
- Ability to work within a pressurized environment.
- Ability to work flexible working hours.
- Attention to detail pertaining to area responsibility
- Serve food courses and alcoholic beverages to guests.
- Set tables according to type of event and service standards.
- Answer questions on menu selections.
- Communicate with the kitchen regarding menu questions, the length of wait, re-cook orders, and product availability.
- Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen.
- Record transaction in MICROS system at time of order.
- Check in with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and/or beverages.
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day.
- Complete opening and closing duties.
- Present physical and accurate check to guest and process payment.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Perform other duties as and when required.
Lomsebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 10 ka October 2019