Quality Improvement Advisor (QI Coach): Global Fund TB Programme
TB HIV Care - Cape Town, Western Cape
TB HIV Care (THC), in existence since 1929, is an internationally recognised non-profit organisation. We provide health care services throughout South Africa to both the general population and communities at increased risk for HIV and TB, including adolescent girls and young women, sex workers and people who use drugs. THC provides a stimulating work environment and the opportunity to work with leaders in the field of HIV and TB prevention and care. Our work culture is adapted to the constantly-evolving South African health care environment and will suit solution-driven team players interested in opportunities for career development while working to connect people with care.
Purpose of the position:
The Quality Improvement Advisor will be devoted to help identify, plan and execute improvement projects for the national TB program and support the delivery of successful results. Facilitate the spread and application of evidence-based interventions across the TB care cascade in the Global Fund (GF) supported districts. This is a national position and will have an overall responsibility for Amathole and Cape Town districts.
Provide QI capacity building by:
- Supporting the development or adaptations of quality improvement (QI) learning materials
- Providing training, mentoring, coaching and supportive supervision of QI officers, district TB program coordinators, facility TB focal persons and data capturers as applicable
- Develop and implement a QI roadmap for national TB program at the district level including designing TB district and subdistrict QI strategies
- Oversee high-level coordination and manage relationships with stakeholders involved in district TB QI projects
Support learning and collaborative activities that include:
- Facilitating QI mentoring of QI Officers and their subdistrict clusters.
- Provide joint QI on-site or virtual technical support to and with the QI Officers
- Support TB care cascade baseline assessment to determine gaps at facility level i.e., primary health care (PHC) and hospital level
- Support development of QI process measures and analytics of such data for learning
- Conduct spot-checks on QI Officers to monitor QI capability building of subdistrict clusters
- Provide collaborative QI monthly and quarterly reports to support required program reporting
- Support the documentation of best interventions for spread and scale up across the district.
- Support districts, subdistricts, and facilities with the necessary tools to track QI activities including i.e. QI how- to-guide, data guide, QI tools, etc.
Actively participate in meetings as applicable
- Attend monthly district and subdistrict learning meetings to share learnings.
- Support districts with preparations of TB program performance review meetings
- Attend relevant internal and external technical meetings as require
- An appropriate 3-year national diploma/degree in Health Sciences or Social Sciences
- Postgraduate qualifications in QI would be an added advantage
- At least 5 years’ experience in training or facilitation
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in health programme management
- Clinical experience in the management of TB and HIV co-infected patients
- Proven experience in QI implementation
- Administrative and management skills
- Experience in stakeholder management
- Valid driver’s license
- Clear criminal recor