TB HIV Care (THC), in existence since 1929, is an internationally recognised non-profit organisation.
TB HIV Care provides health care services throughout South Africa to both the general population and communities at increased risk for HIV and TB, including adolescent girls and young women, sex workers and people who use drugs. TB HIV Care provides a stimulating work environment and the opportunity to work with leaders in the field of HIV and TB prevention and care. Our work culture is adapted to the constantly-evolving South African health care environment and will suit solution-driven team players interested in opportunities for career development while working to connect people with care.
Purpose of the position
To be part of the HTS team when conducting out-reach activities in the AGYW by providing current accurate health information, mobilization of AGYW to the mobile unit and linkage to care. To enroll AGYW in the programme
This is a contract position based on funding.
• Mobilise and recruit AGYW to access HIV prevention services and layered services
• Keep abreast the latest development in HIV/AIDS, TB and STI’s prevention
• Engages with clients in a non - judgmental and empathic manner
• Identify AGYW hotspots for mobilization
• Educate AGYW on risk reduction and prevention interventions and record accordingly
• Conduct outreach programme to provide male and female condom demonstration, provide accurate and current health information to AGYW regarding PrEP and other services provided using a variety of delivery strategies
• Mobilize AGYW to access appropriate mobile health services. Successfully navigates AGYW to Health Services and support the process within the facilities.
• Assist team in follow-up of referral of all new cases – HIV, TB, STIs and other health issues
• Provide accurate and current health information to AGYW using a variety of delivery strategies
• Assist with the development of new health promotion materials
• Provide support and encouragement to AGYW
• Act as a bridge between stakeholder and health facilities Provide support and encouragement to AGYW
• Do demand creation at schools, institutions of higher learning and youth organizations
• Networking with stakeholders, health services managers and communities
• Report to the Line Manager any positive or negative feedback.
• Adhere to the relevant policies, guidelines and SOP’s
• Complete on a daily basis relevant reporting tools used for recruitment and navigation.
• Scanning of Source Documents on a weekly basis and data is stored according to the relative filing systems
• Grade 12 desirable but not essential or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum 1 – 3 years’ work experience related to the or experience as a peer educator;
• Clear criminal record