Safety and Security Officer
South African National Biodiversity Institute - Newlands, Cape Town, Western Cape
Full-Time | Security
Closing date yi 24th ka June 2022
- The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) is looking for a highly motivated, efficient, and enthusiastic person to administer, coordinate, and manage the site security and provision of information to the garden visitors.
- This position requires a Diploma or Advanced Certificate in Safety & Security Management or equivalent and relevant qualification at NQF 6.
- An Advanced Diploma or Degree in Safety & Security Management or equivalent and relevant qualification at NQF 7 will be an added advantage.
- This position also requires a minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in Safety & Security Management.
- Must have PSIRA Grade B qualification.
- The possession of a valid driver’s licence with at least one-year practical driving experience and a willingness to travel is essential.
Skills & Competencies
- Ability to work under pressure; extensive experience in the implementation of relevant legislation, policies, procedures, processes, and regulatory framework relevant to Safety & Security Management;
- Safety & Service focus are essential; advance knowledge for planning and organising, and statistical reports writing skills; in-depth organisational, analytical, and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent computer literacy and experience in the application of software tools including (Ms Word, MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Internet and Outlook).
- Provide effective security and risk management;
- Support garden related information services;
- Ensure effective visitor services and public relations;
- Coordinate health and safety management services; and
- Support management of human resources.
- Applications consisting of the completed application form, motivation letter, a concise CV, and certified qualifications are to be submitted via an e-mail.
- An application form must accompany the CV together with a letter motivating and supporting document why the applicant should be favourably considered for the position and confirming that the minimum qualifications are met (applicants lacking evidence of relevant experience will not be considered).
- A competency test will be conducted as part of the selection process.
- Applicants must also provide the full names, addresses and telephone numbers and, if possible, e-mail addresses of at least three referees.
- Failure to submit the requested information and reference number may result in your application not being considered.
- Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- SANBI reserves the right not to fill this position.
- All applications will be considered with the understanding that, in terms of the SANBI Employment Equity Plan, preference will currently be given to candidates from the designated groups.
- Candidates are expected to be available for selection interviews on a date and time as determined by SANBI.
- If no response has been received within 30 days of the closing date, candidates may consider their applications unsuccessful.
- R211 713.00
- Ms Glynnis Webb
- Tel: +27 (0)21 799 8635/8800
Lo msebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 15 ka June 2022