Maintenance Assistant - Facilities - R510A
South African Medical Research Council - Parow, Cape Town, Western Cape
Full-Time | Maintenance
Closing date yi 24th ka May 2022
- The SAMRC Facilities Management Division requires a skilled experience Maintenance Assistant who will be responsible for the maintenance of the building and grounds.
- The Maintenance Assistant must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 Virus.
- Matric or Equivalent
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ relevant experience
- Basic electrical, plumbing, carpentry and air conditioning experience
Skills & Competencies
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Must be able to work unsupervised/without direct supervision
- High level of interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate
- Must have the ability to work in a team environment
- The Maintenance Assistant will work closely with the Facilities Handymen to maintain the buildings and grounds.
- The Maintenance Assistant will be responsible for prioritizing and organizing own work to maintain internal and external building infrastructure on a daily basis.
- Assist with asset transfers and any other facilities management services as requested by the Facilities Handyman or Supervisor.
- The Maintenance Assistant will perform relieving duties for the Driver and Postal/ Storeman in their absence.
- Adhere to health, safety and environment regulations and organizational policies and procedures
- Please quote the reference number (R510A) in all communications.
- Please be advised that your submission will not be considered should your application not be accompanied by the required information and documentation.
- This website is optimised for secure, standards compliant web browsers.
- In order to view and use this website, you should use a web browser other than Internet Explorer.
- Options include: The latest version of "Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Opera and Safari"
- The SAMRC does its best to provide the most accurate information; however, if there is anything wrong and unclear applicants are encouraged to contact the HR Recruitment Office at 021-938 0648 before the closing date.
- A salary in the region of R84 862 per annum, cost-to-company
Lo msebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 11 ka May 2022