Lomsebenzi has expired (SORRRRY). Either closing date yawo idlulile okanye if ubungena closing date ixesha lawo lidlulile nalo. Ngoba thina imisebenzi engena closing date siyigcina intsuku ezisixhenxe.
South African Maritime Safety Authority - Cape Town, Western Cape
Full-Time | Finance
Closing date yi 22nd ka September 2020
- The above position will report to Regional Finance Officer.
- SAMSA is seeking the expertise of a Finance Assistant to perform all the required divisional financial activities.
- Grade 12
- NQF level 5 in Finance /Accounting or Auditing (Higher Certificate)
- 6 years relevant experience.
- Knowledge of PFMA and other regulatory framework pertaining to National Treasury framework.
Skills & Competencies
- Good understanding of Finance principles in the public sector
- Good team player with the ability to work and interact at senior levels.
- High levels of judgement and ethical standards.
- Must be attentive to detail and accuracy.
- Competent in Microsoft applications
- Self- motivated and a problem solver.
- Good Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Deadline driven.
- Successfully adapts to changing demands and conditions
- Ability to maintain effective work behaviour in the face of setbacks or pressure.
- To ensure that invoices and quotes are correctly charged in accordance with determinations charges published in Government gazette.
- To ensure that revenue transactions are allocated with the correct batches to enable third party to trace the transaction in the cash book and bank statements
- To ensure that revenue transactions are accurately recorded and posted to the general ledger on monthly basis.
- To ensure that all invoices and quotes are raised for clients on daily basis and cash received is banked timeously.
- To ensure revenue completeness by making sure that all activities on the diary are invoices on daily basis.
- To ensure that revenue transactions are recorded in the month incurred.
- Maintain revenue file(s) system for audit purposes
Petty Cash Control:
- To ensure that all entries in the petty cash replenishment schedule or registers are Substantiated by invoices and accompanied approved forms and motivation for entries above the limit of R500.00.
- To ensure that the petty cash register is signed/ authorised on weekly basis/ bi weekly basis as proof that all reconciliation and verification process are adhered to
- To ensure that all petty transactions on the register and peppy cash books are captured into the financial system and reference on daily basis
- Maintain petty Cash file(s) system for audit purposes
- Perform monthly reconciliation of debtors.
- Resolve customer queries with regards to invoices within 2 working days.
- Collection on outstanding monies by means of sending customer statement on monthly basis. .
- Maintain good debtors file(s) system for audit purposes.
General admin support /Ad hoc basis:
- Assist Finance officer on inventory counts and preparation of inventory register.
- Assist Finance officer on Fixed Asset count and updating the fixed asset register.
- Assist Finance officer on identification of disposable assets (Impaired assets).
- Assist finance officer with the internal and external audit samples selection files
- Should you meet the requirements as set out above, please e-mail your CV to: Masiye Pilusa