Servest Careers - CAPE TOWN, Western Cape
LANDSCAPING AND TURF, A DIVISION OF SERVEST HAS A VACANCY BASED IN CAPE TOWN OFFICE FOR A SALES CONSULTANT REPORTING TO THE SALES MANGER. KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE IN-DEPTH GREEN INDUSTRY IS ADVANTAGEOUS.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sales hunter to acquire new business
- Following-up on leads provided from other business units
- Regular canvassing of all areas and networking within the Servest Group
- Optimising sales by achieving a high call rate to the right people in the right organisation
- Delivering excellent sales presentations
- Preparation, submission and follow ups of professionally prepared quotes to clients
- Preparation of orders and ensuring all necessary documents are attached
- Keeping up to date with latest trends and ensuring good product knowledge
- Regular meetings with your Regional Managers and Branch Managers
- Update Sales figures and progress reports
- Manage pricing and margins according to agreed targets.
- Maintain relationships with existing key customers and develop new business through appropriate propositions, ethical sales methods and relevant internal liaison, to optimize quality of service, new business growth and customer satisfaction
- Grade 12
- Relevant qualification will be an advantage
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in the similar role
- Ability to speak and listen effectively
- Ability to interpret customer needs
- Be in apposition of a valid un-endorsed driver's license and own transport is essential
- Good understanding of local market conditions and knowledge of natural turf
- Must be self starter and team player
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- Fully computer literate
- Ability to work under pressure and independently
- Committed and willing to make occasional personal sacrifices to meet deadlines
- Achievement of budgeted sales.
- Design and presentation of highly professional bid documents.
- Design and presentation of innovative, relevant and competitive solutions.
- Build and maintain senior relationships both internally and with target clients.
- Maintain a high level of market intelligence and knowledge of competitor activity