Sea Harvest Group - Cape Town, Western Cape
Full-Time | Communications
Closing date yi 27 ka June 2022
- The incumbent is required to provide Communications support and services to the business in a way that improves Sea Harvest’s (the Company) reputation amongst its internal stakeholders.
- The role requires a creative thinker and competent writer who is able to plan, develop and edit content for different channels (or platforms) of communication, as well as manage the channels and provide project support within a fast-paced operations environment.
- PR/Journalism/Communication qualification.
- Minimum of three to four years’ prior experience in a similar position in a corporate environment.
Skills & Competencies
- Exceptional writing skills and the ability to compose engaging and accurate content.
- A strong communicator who works well independently and within a team.
- Superior time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of MS Office and Adobe creative platforms.
- Ability to produce creative, visually appealing video content.
- Experience working with DC Media would be a distinct advantage.
- Ability to think strategically and identify ways to improve communication efforts.
- Resourcefulness, innovative and the ability to take initiative.
- Strong people management skills
- Engage and build effective relationships with internal stakeholders across all divisions to ensure that Communications is able to provide the business with the support it requires.
- Understand the communication requirements of the business to provide team members with necessary feedback or a written brief, if need be.
- Support project teams through ongoing engagement and development of communication to contribute towards the achievement of project objectives.
- Source and develop copy for various channels/ comm’s platforms, as required. This includes producing copy for company magazines, newsletters, pamphlets, TVs, noticeboards, SharePoint, etc.
- Ensure that copy submitted for approval is factually and grammatically correct.
- Ensure that all content is filed in a systematic manner and that sourcing, processing, storage, etc. of content is in line with relevant regulatory requirements.
- Publish approved content as and when required and remove outdated communication.
- Resolve any issues affecting the display of content or audio (in the case of DC Media).
- Source updated employee contact details to facilitate communication via SMS.
- Capture and/ or edit photographs and produce or edit videos, where required.
- Ensure that written permission is obtained from all people who can be identified in photos and video footage captured and that the permission slips are filed in a systematic manner.
- Provide the business with support in respect of internal, as well as external events, which may include planning, coordination, and set-up.
- Perform other duties not outlined above, as requested by management, which is commensurate with the level of the post.
- Comply with required approvals processes.
- Meet required quality standards and deadlines.
- Attend training when necessary.
- Ensure that all developed content is available in a content library
- Interested parties who meet the above requirements, and possess the attributes stated, may submit a comprehensive CV, along with certified copies of their ID’s and qualification/s.
Lo msebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 21 ka June 2022