Officer: Claims Investigation: T.A.S.K Level 10
Road Accident Fund - Cape Town, Western Cape
Full-Time | Investigations
Closing date yi 25th ka January 2022
- Is responsible for effectively and efficiently providing investigative support services for claims lodged against the Road Accident Fund (RAF).
- Bachelor's Degree or Advanced Diploma @ NQF Level 7 related qualification to discipline.
- Driver's License.
- Relevant 3 years' experience in a similar environment.
- Experience in merit and quantum investigations will be an added advantage.
- Completed training as an investigator will be an added advantage.
- Being a certified fraud examiner will be an added advantage.
Skills & Competencies
- Personal Mastery.
- Emotional Wisdom.
- Ethics and Governance.
- Customer orientation and Customer focus.
- Knowledge of Natis and Cross Check systems.
- Ability to obtain appropriate affidavits.
- Report writing skills.
- Computer literacy (MS office and SAP).
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- General Administration and document management.
Investigation and Assessment of Claims Lodged:
- Trace insured driver/ witnesses to consult and obtain statements and docket.
- Ensure that a proper sketch plan of an accident scene is drawn as part of the investigation and assessment process.
- Identify possible fraud and corruption and escalate to Forensic Investigation department (FID).
- Provide assistance in ensuring witness presence at court.
- Validate supporting documents (e.g. employment details, paternity/ maternity details, SARS documents, etc.) for all related quantum investigations.
- Verify details of the claimant and those inquired in an accident through Natis and Cross Check systems (e.g. ID No, contact numbers, addresses, employment details, etc.).
- Quality check the supporting documents from stakeholders to determine the validity of the logged claim.
- Validate loss of earnings.
Document and Records Management:
- Monitor and maintain an effective filing system.
- Ensure that files are correctly categorized and stored to ensure a smooth retrieval of documents.
- Administer the records management and filing processes in line with the RAF filing plan.
- Ensure confidentiality of all documents under control and that correspondences from the department office reaches intended recipients.
- Provide advice to different parties (e.g. claimants, witnesses, employers, etc.
- Handle any assessments associated complaints.
- Maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Applications can be forwarded to the Recruitment Officer at the RAF, Cape Town branch, e-mail address.
- The Road Accident Fund subscribes to the principles of employment equity and preference will be given to groups.
- Prospective employees will be subjected to security vetting.
- Applicants who have not received any correspondence from us within six weeks from the closing date can consider themselves unsuccessful.
- Preference will be given to people living with disabilities.
Instructions to prospective applicants
- Indicate the name and the reference number for the position you are applying for on the subject line
- Do not submit copies of qualifications and ID as these will be requested from shortlisted candidates on the interview date
- Submit a short CV with a maximum of 5 pages
- Total cost to company applicable to this position is minimum R349 998.00 per annum, negotiable.