Junior Customer Engineer: T.A.S.K Grade 09
Road Accident Fund - Cape Town, Western Cape
Contract | IT
Closing date yi 18 ka January 2022
- The Organisation requires the services of qualified individuals for the following position on a Six (6) Months Fixed Term Contract the position will be based in Cape Town Regional Office.
- The Junior Customer Engineer is to provide IT end-user support to internal and external users of RAF ICT services.
- NQF 6 (Diploma or Advanced Certificate) in IT qualification.
- Relevant 3 year's system support experience.
Skills & Competencies
- Personal mastery
- Emotional wisdom
- Ethics and governance
- Customer orientation and customer focus
- Citrix knowledge advantageous
- Drivers licence
- Willingness to travel and work extra hours
Ensure IT services are accessible to internal and external RAF customers:
- Manage IT incidents and requests.
- Setup new users.
- Configure new equipment.
- Update users on progress being made in solving their problems.
- Escalate problems to Customer Engineer if necessary.
- Adopt a proactive approach to prevent problems from arising.
- Provide ICT support for RAF road shows.
Providing desktop support:
- Provide software and hardware configuration according to business requirements.
- Conduct installations and test computer equipment to ensure functionality.
- Conduct troubleshooting, maintenance, upgrades and other activities required for efficient working of computer systems.
- Undertake maintenance and repairs on damaged and repairable hardware.
- Report on uneconomical repairs and recommend replacement.
Management of multifunctional devices and standalone scanners:
- Establish connection and access to MFD and Standalone for all users.
- Identify problems and escalate matters to third party where appropriate.
- Manage replacement of consumables in the region.
Provide network & telephone support:
- Replace faulty devices.
- Provide 1st line support of telephone infrastructure.
- Provide 1st line of network support
- Participate in power failover testing.
- Undertake audits of hardware and software assets
- Maintain and update a register of all ICT assets in the region
- Conduct Bi-annual asset verification
- Adherence to asset management policy
- Attend VC requests
- Attend to 1st line VC problems and escalate matters to Customer Engineer.
- Provide input to ICT Operations reports.
- Compile Regional HSC report. (We do not have HSCs anymore)
HSC and CSC Support. (We don't have HSCs anymore):
- Setup new HSC and CSCs based on the regional plans.
- Ensure compliance to OHS when setting up new sites.
- Provide customers with regular reports and feedback on their service request.
- Liaise with customer engineer to ensure timely incident resolution.
- Applications can be forwarded to the Recruitment Officer at the RAF, Cape Town branch.
- The Road Accident Fund subscribes to the principles of employment equity and preference will be given to People with Disabilities.
- Prospective employees will be subjected to security vetting.
- Applicants who have not received any correspondence from us within six weeks from the closing date can consider themselves unsuccessful.
Instructions to prospective applicants
- Indicate the name and the reference number for the position you are applying for on the subject line
- Do not submit copies of qualifications and ID as these will be requested from shortlisted candidates on the interview date
- Submit a short CV with a maximum of 5 pages
- Please indicate your current salary and salary expectations if considered for the position.
Total cost to company applicable to this position is minimum R302 772.00 per annum, negotiable.