Motus Aftermarket Parts - Oudtshoorn, Western Cape
Full-Time | Cashier
Closing date yi 21 ka January 2022
- The purpose of this position is to receive payments, reconcile cash and maintain documents of all transactions.
- Grade 12
- 2-5 years Cashier Experience-Essential
Skills & Competencies
- Honest, trustworthy, and always shows integrity
- Must be able to handle all counter cash.
- Perform general administrative functions at the branch
- Basic proficiency in MS Excel
- Clear ITC & criminal record
- Receives payment against services rendered from the Public, by communicating with the customer and attending to specific payment or sale enquiries and/or providing information on prices for specific product
- Collect and counts payment tendered verifying total against amount due and/or seeking identification, checks recording and processes cheque payment
- Issuing receipts reflecting amount tendered and confirms recording with the customer
- To ensure customer enquiries and payment transactions are efficiently attended to and accurately processed in accordance with laid down company guidelines
- Reconciles cash received against receipts issued to customers, by separating denominations and commencing with control counting sequence
- Adding amounts and verifying cash totals to receipts used
- Capturing overnight cheque deposits details, printing receipts against payment tender and recording transactional details on the cheque prior to submitting for further processing
- Verifying cash receipts schedule/ reports against cash cheque totals with the immediate superior and/or attending and rectifying deviations in recordings or counts prior to forwarding for depositing
- Maintains documentation and records of transactions
- Attaching duplicate receipts and deposit slips to schedules and filing in chronological sequence
- Accessing/retrieving information and records to facilitate resolution of specific enquiries
- At Motus we are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally.
- It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible.
- Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants, provided that this supports achievement of our Employment Equity goal
- Please note that candidates not contacted within 2 weeks after the closing date must consider their applications as unsuccessful
Lo msebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 17 ka January 2022