Knysna Municipality Senior Clerk: Legal Services Knysna
Closing date yi 22 ka October 2019
- Grade 12 or NQF Level 4 equivalent
- Certificate: Secretarial Office Administration – NQF 5
- 3 years Municipal administrative/ secretarial experience
- 3 years Personal Assistant/ Secretarial/ Administrative experience
The provision of general administration support services, by:
- Capturing of requisitions on Municipality’s financial system (Promun) for approval by the Manager pertaining to office budget;
- Assisting the Division with budget administration and control;
- Copying, typing and formatting documents/ confidential and routine reports (e.g. Section 80 reports) and presentations using word processing and related office applications;
- Removing & replacing consumable items (paper, ink) from specific office equipment and performing photocopying of correspondence/ documents;
- Maintaining stock of standard forms and stationery and completing requisition orders to facilitate the replenishment of items prior to depletion;
- Drafting of memorandums, emails, outgoing correspondence with the guidance of the Manager;
- Advising on and providing alternative solutions/ work method improvements to administrative barriers identified on own initiative;
- Capturing all public complaints (including Property complaints) and requests on internal complaints system and informing the relevant supervisors.
The provision of administration and secretarial support services to the Legal Services Division, by:
- Assisting the Division with the scheduling and coordinating of dairies;
- Ensuring effective forward planning of day-to-day activities;
- Taking minutes of office staff meetings, preparing notifications, agendas and minutes for specific meetings and distributing and/or arranging for the collection of documentation prior to scheduled meetings;
- Providing day-to-day administrative and secretarial support to the Division by ensuring the effective flow of information and documents;
- Monitoring and managing email and the Municipality’s official document management system (Collaborator) of the Legal Services staff in their absence and liaising discretionarily on their behalf;
- Handling of requests and facilitating appropriate responses;
- Efficiently managing and promptly responding to incoming enquiries/ requests for information independently or redirect to appropriate official;
- Coordinating travel arrangements for the Legal Services Division; Assisting the Legal Services Division with planning, research, analysis and reporting services;
- Updating the performance management system (SDBIP);
- Monitoring and following up on the deadlines that need to be adhered to by divisional staff;
- Maintenance of the recordkeeping system;
- Provision of reception or telephone service to the office the Legal Services Division.
DIRECTION TO CANDIDATES:
- All applicants MUST complete a Knysna Municipality application form (cofa).
- Applications must be accompanied by a comprehensive CV with certified copies of qualifications (not older than 3 months), copies of training, experience, competency and previous employment record.
- Canvassing for appointment is strictly prohibited and any confirming thereof will disqualify the candidate.
- Application forms are obtainable from Reception at the Main Municipal Offices in Clyde Street, Knysna and the Municipal
- website: www.knysna.gov.za.
- Fax Number (044) 3026333.
- Correspondence will ONLY be entered into with shortlisted candidates.
- Should candidates not be contacted within three months after the closing date, they may accept their application as unsuccessful.
Dr SW VATALA MUNICIPAL MANAGER
- Completed applications should be forwarded to the Human Resource Department, P O Box 21, Knysna, 6570