Khayelitsha Community Health Clinic Cleaner Khayelitsha, Cape Town
Closing date yi 6 ka March 2020
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills.
- Appropriate cleaning experience at a Health facility or hospital.
Skills & Competencies
- Ability to lift/move heavy equipment and supplies.
- Perform overtime, work shifts, public holidays, night duty and Relief in other departments when necessary.
- Ability to operate cleaning equipment.
- Communication skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team, independently and unsupervised, accepting accountability and responsibility.
- Able to handle conflict and the ability to work under pressure.
- General cleaning and maintenance of cleaning equipment.
- Dust, sweeping, polish, scrub and mop floors, passages, furniture, empty dustbins and sort soiled linen according to correct cleaning procedures.
- Effective use of cleaning agents and stock.
- Responsible for general hygienic and safe environment.
- Handling cleaning equipment.
- Elementary stock control.
- Assist with the offloading and unpacking of stock.
- Attend training sessions where applicable.
- Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s.
- A separate application form must be completed for each post.
- Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered.
- Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement.
- No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted.
- CV’s will not be returned.
- Excess personnel will receive preference.
- Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered.
- Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates.
- If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
- It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
- As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
- The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity.
- Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated.
- (Vukani 20/2/2020, PSVC 6/2020)
- R102 534 per annum
- Ms T Mshumpela - (021) 360-5208
Director: Khayelitsha/Eastern Sub-structure
Corner of Steve Biko and Walter Sisulu Drive
Attention: Ms Z Willie