Business Advancement Manager
False Bay TVET College - Muizenberg, Cape Town, Western Cape
Full-Time | Communications
Closing date yi 26 ka June 2022
- Build meaningful partnerships and raise funds for strategic projects, nationally and internationally, which are in support of the expansion of access to unemployed youth young people not in education, employment, or training as well as the communities that the institution serves as well as partnerships that contribute to the improvement of quality provision that enhances the academic performance of students.
- Relevant Diploma/Degree in Communication, Public Relations, Marketing or Sales (NQF 6)
- 5 years’ experience in establishing partnerships within the local and international fundraising arena
- 5 years’ experience working in fundraising, business advancement and sales within corporates, trusts, foundations, government, or international funding agencies
- Short course/training programme in fund-raising
- Experience in the development of fundraising/business advancement strategy
- Proven track record of securing donations/funding to the value of R50 million and more
- A Valid Driver’s licence and own vehicle
Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrated ability to have met set financial targets
- Sound persuasive, sales, and public relations skills
- A strong focus on building sound client relations
- Demonstrated proposal writing skills
- Demonstrated report writing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sound planning and execution skills
- An analytical thinker and can solve problems
- Strong emotional intelligence
- Raise funds for bursaries for young people who wish to study at the college in critical and scarce skills programmes
- Identify, contact, and secure lead and major donations and grants that support strategic infrastructure and development projects (e.g., building of new campuses, acquisition of modernized equipment and entrepreneurship) as part of the College strategic vision and the implementation of the National Development Plan 2030, from European countries, United States of America, United Kingdom and Canada via corporates, Grant Foundations, Philanthropist, and international associations
- Identify, contact, and secure lead and major donations and grants from South African Corporates, Trusts, Foundations, philanthropist, and the College Alumni base that support strategic infrastructure and development projects as part of the College strategic vision and the implementation of the National Development Plan.
- Submit competitive funding proposals for strategic projects within the College in collaboration with internal departments such as Finance, Linkages and Partnerships and Marketing
- Research and Identification of donors: cultivate existing and new South African and International Corporate donors, Trusts, Foundations and Associations for high impact funding, donor or grant opportunities that are aligned with the vision of the College and support the expansion of Access to education and training in critical scarce skills programmes, the 4th industrial revolution, the ocean economy and entrepreneurship development
- Perform any other functions in the scope of work as determined by the College
- False Bay TVET College is committed to Employment Equity, providing equal opportunities in employment.
- It is False Bay College’s policy that all employees and all job applicants will receive fair employment opportunities regardless of race, religion, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
- We aim to recruit, select and place competent and qualified staff who will be able to contribute to the College’s strategic and operational goals; attract talented and motivated staff who will achieve and contribute to the College’s continued success; and ensure all recruitment activities are non-discriminatory.
- Experience working in a higher education environment
- Research knowledge pertaining to the local and international funding landscape
Lo msebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 14 ka June 2022