Faircape Group - Onrus, Hermanus, Western Cape
Full-Time | Nursing
Closing date ayichazwanga
- The Carer is responsible for implementing the approved care plan by directly providing practical, physical, social and emotional care for residents at the healthcare centre.
- Carers all contribute to create a therapeutic and relaxing environment.
- Proven experience as a Carer, experience in a similar environment advantageous
Skills & Competencies
- Knowledge of caring principles and Dementia and Alzheimer’s.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to work well with the elderly and have compassion for them.
- Take part in handover process according to ISBAR with opposite shift
- Communicate all observations regarding residents to the opposite shift
- End shift after handover is completed
Administration & Reporting:
- Chart and timestamp all activities on ECP as per procedure
- Report to Duty Sister any changes or causes of concern in a resident’s condition
Patient Care (according to care plan):
- Attend to all activities as per the ECP care plan per resident and chart activity accordingly, including but not limited to personal hygiene, incontinence, dress, feeding, and companionship
- Maintain a safe and therapeutic environment for all residents in terms of care plan and their personal diagnosis
Company Policies & Procedures:
- Maintain awareness, understanding and adherence to company rules, policies and procedures
- Treat all residents with respect and dignity
- Comply to all company policies and procedures regarding infection control
- Maintain good personal hygiene as per the relevant policies and procedures
Health & Safety:
- Comply with company health and safety standards in terms of activities of work
- Be aware of duty of care and measures to protect vulnerable residents
- Report any health and safety contraventions to the Duty Sister
Activities & Exercise:
- Assist OT and Carer Team Leader with Carer-run activities
- Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- Normal working days are Mondays to Sundays, according to the duty roster.
- You will be required to work 16.25 shifts per month.
- Day shifts are from 07h00 until 19h00.
- Salary from R 4,800 Cost to Company per month