Area Managers X116
Electoral Commission of South Africa - Cape Town, Western Cape
Contract | Administration
Closing date yi 16 ka April 2021
- Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for appointment to the following election related temporary positions in the administration of the Electoral Commission, a state institution established by Chapter 9 of the Constitution.
- 01 April - 30 June 2021
- 01 July - 30 Sep 2021
- 01 Oct - 31 Oct 2021
- Must be a SA citizen and registered voter; must have at least 8 years professional, supervisory or administrative work experience or previous area manager or Presiding/Deputy Presiding Officer experience.
- Must reside or be familiar with the municipality and ward for which he/she is applying
- Must have knowledge of the municipality, its civil society structures and leadership very well
- Must not hold any political position or be involved in any political parties’ campaigns
- Should possess a valid driver’s licence and have access to a vehicle that can be used for work purposes and must be prepared to use the vehicle for official purposes
- Must have access to cellular phone and be prepared to use it for official purposes
- Must have a valid bank account and tax reference number
- Must be proficient in the relevant local languages of the municipality and ward for which he/she is applying
- Assist with the recruitment of electoral staff;
- Confirm the availability of voting stations in advance in accordance with the provincial milestones;
- Assist with the logistical distribution of voting station equipment and registration/election materials, and the supervision/co-ordination in that regard;
- Monitoring and replenishing of electoral logistics in particular ballot papers at the various voting stations;
- Act as a communication link between Registration Supervisors and the relevant local office of the Electoral Commission;
- Trouble shooting, support and problem solving at voting stations in your area on registration day(s);
- Ensure the completion of attendance registers and replacement staff contracts at all the voting stations for the registration events;
- Collection of registration forms and other administrative materials from the voting stations (e.g. contracts, event diaries, attendance registers and staff Collection of registration materials (including REC forms, unused papers, unused materials, objection forms and Zip-Zip machines);
- Ensure the return of all registration and/or electoral materials required from voting stations within your area; and
- Complete the Area Manager diary and ensure that the Registration Supervisors’ diaries are also fully completed.
- Applicants for the above position/s should not have a high party political profile.
- All successful permanent candidates will be required to enter into performance contracts.
- Should applicants be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
- All applications must include:
- a covering letter with a recent, updated comprehensive curriculum vitae;
- a copy of all qualification documents;
- a copy of identity document; and
- a copy of driver's licence (if required).
- Failure to submit the requested documents will result in the application not being considered.
- Please note that recommended candidates will undergo risk assessments, including inter alia the verification of curricula vitae, all qualifications, criminal and credit assessments and appointments will only be made upon positive verification thereof.
- A probation period of twelve months will be applicable to permanent employees.
- The Electoral Commission will only correspond with short-listed candidates.
- The Electoral Commission is under no obligation to fill the position/s and reserves the right not to make any appointment in the above post/s. Although advertised, positions may thus either be withdrawn, re-advertised or filled by way of transfer or deployment, should it be considered in the interest of service delivery.
- All-inclusive remuneration package of retainer fee R700 during non-registration or election events, R3000 for the month during registration & R3500 for the month during elections)
Lo msebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 11 ka April 2021