Social Workers/Family Counsellors (Grade 1) (X2 Posts)
Department of Justice & Constitutional Development - Various Areas, Western Cape
Full-Time | Government
Closing date yi 4th ka July 2022
- Office of the Family Advocate, Cape Town
- Office of the Family Advocate Mitchells Plain, Cape Town
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification;
- Appropriate three years’ experience in Social Work after registration as Social Worker with the SACSSP;
- Current Registration with SA Council for Social Service Professions (SACSSP);
- A valid driver’s license.
Skills & Competencies
- Knowledge and experience in Mediation;
- Knowledge and application of Family Law, including Mediation in certain Divorce Matters Act, Maintenance Act and Domestic Violence Act;
- Computer literacy (MS Word);
- Communication (written and verbal) skills;
- Mediation, Interviewing, conflict resolution, evaluation and report writing skills;
- Diversity and conflict management;
- Attention to detail; Report writing.
- Conduct mediation and/or inquiries as part of a multidisciplinary team in custody, access, guardianship, child abduction and related family law disputes;
- Evaluate information and compile forensic court reports and make recommendations to the best interest of children in family law disputes;
- Act as expert witness for the Family Advocate in Court;
- Network and conduct awareness campaigns regarding the functions and role of the Office of the Family Advocate;
- Conduct inquiries and interview parties and source references in family law disputes.
- Interested applicants must submit their applications for employment to the address specified in each post.
- The application must include only completed and signed new Form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.gov.za, a CV, copy of Identity Document, Senior Certificate and the highest required qualification as well as a driver’s license where necessary.
- Application that does not comply with the above specifications will be disqualified.
- Original/certified copies must be produced by only shortlisted candidates during the interview date.
- A SAQA evaluation report must accompany foreign qualifications.
- Applications that do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements will not be considered.
- All shortlisted candidates for SMS posts will be subjected to a technical and competency assessment.
- A pre-entry certificate obtained from National School of Government (NSG) is required for all SMS applicants.
- Candidate will complete a financial disclosure form and also be required to undergo a security clearance.
- Foreigners or dual citizenship holder must provide the Police Clearance certificate from country of origin.
- The DOJ&CD is an equal opportunity employer. In the filling of vacant posts, the objectives of section 195 (1) (i) of the Constitution of South Africa, 1996 (Act No: 108 of 1996), the Employment Equity imperatives as defined by the Employment Equity Act, 1998 (Act No: 55 of 1998) and relevant Human Resources policies of the Department will be taken into consideration.
- Reasonable accommodation shall be applied for People with Disabilities including where driver’s license is a requirement.
- Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
- If you do not hear from us within 3 months of this advertisement, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
- The department reserves the right not to fill this position. Women and people with.
- Office of the Family Advocate, Cape Town Ref No: 73/2022/FA/WC
- Office of the Family Advocate Mitchells Plain Ref No: 74/2022/FA/WC
- R261 456 – R589 896 per annum. (Salary will be in accordance with OSD determination).
- The successful candidate will be required to sign a performance agreement.
- Advocate N Britz Tel No: (021) 426 1216
Download Full Vacancy
- Ms J Kunz
- Please forward your application to: Regional Head: Private Bag X 9171 Cape Town, 8000
- Physical address: 8 Riebeeck Street, 5th Floor Norton Rose House, Cape Town.
Lo msebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 19 ka June 2022