Provisioning Administration Clerk - (OC09/2022)
Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment - V&A Waterfront, Cape Town, Western Cape
Full-Time | Government
Closing date yi 27 ka June 2022
- The National Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
- Grade 12 with 3 years’ experience.
- Candidates must be in possession of driver’s license.
Skills & Competencies
- Knowledge of Public Services Regulations, Warehouse Operations, PFMA, Planning and organizing Skills, Literacy skills, Computer skills, Planning and organization, Communication skills, Hyster/Forklift driving.
- Ability to communicate with people at different levels.
- Ability to apply policies.
- Ability to work individually and in team.
- Good interpersonal relations skills.
- Ability to work under extreme pressure.
- Ability to work with difficult persons and to resolve conflict.
- Initiative and creativity.
- Render logistical support to the SANAP warehouse.
- Accurate receiving and checking of all incoming deliveries for the SANAP warehouse.
- Assist with accurate dispatching of all stock and supplies.
- Assist team with packing and receiving of their personal goods.
- Check all packages for signs of insects or any sort of vegetation.
- Proper packing of all supplies for annual Relief Voyages to SANAE & Islands.
- Safe and proper sealing of all packed cargo containers.
- Separating of food and cleaning material in preparing for specific islands such as Marion Islands into the 9 huts groupings.
- Seal all food bins by taping the lids to the actual bin Packing of food bins into the containers.
- Bubble wrap glass food products and pack it into containers.
- Packing of other supplies such as oil, medical, cleaning material, and recreational equipment if necessary.
- Provide administration support for the SANAP warehouse.
- Keep written record of all items packed on spreadsheet and on outside of bins with white marker/ other suitable labelling.
- Verify items packed are correct with order and sort grouping same type of products then numbering sequentially.
- Check all handwritten list and compare with orders.
- Assist to maintain the filing system for the SANAP warehouse.
- Liaise with Role players within SANAP.
- Engage with management, team members and service providers with regarding returning the teams personal belongings to their homes or other arrangements luggage to be transported.
- Handle queries with under and over supply of stock and supplies.
- Handle queries regarding repairs to containers and other equipment.
- Provide support with forklift operations.
- Ensure all inspections are done before and after forklift is operated.
- Safe handling of Containers, pallet loads and over dimensional loads.
- Safe sorting, stacking and storage of containers.
- Assist with the safe loading/unloading of trucks and ship.
- Assist with the safe and accurate assessment of all containers/equipment, etc. when required.
- Safe and Accurate weighing of packed cargo containers and other supplies.
- Obtain necessary officially authorised trip authority prior to trips.
- Do all necessary pre trip checks.
- Transport of goods and or people from one destination to the other.
- Obtain the necessary documents, goods and/or info on people to be delivered/transported prior to departure.
- All applications must be submitted on a signed new Z83 application form with a copy of a comprehensive CV, certified copies of qualifications (Matric Certificate must also be attached), ID document, driver’s license (all attached documentation must not be older than six (06) months) together with the recent curriculum vitae in order to be considered.
- Please note that should you not use the newly amended Z83 and completed, initialed and signed in full, the department reserves the rights to disqualify your application.
- The National Department Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment, is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
- Preference may be given to appointable applicants from the underrepresented designated groups in terms of the department’s equity plan. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). Correspondence will be limited to successful candidates only.
- Short-listed candidates will be subjected to screening and security vetting to determine their suitability for employment, including but not limited to: criminal records; citizenship status; credit worthiness; previous employment (reference checks); social media checks, and qualification verification.
- Short-listed candidates will be expected to avail themselves at the department’s convenience.
- Entry level requirements for SMS posts: In terms of the directive on compulsory capacity development, mandatory training days & minimum entry requirements for SMS that was introduced on 1 April 2015, a requirement for all applicants for SMS posts from 1 April 2020 is a successful completion of the Senior Management Pre-Entry Programme as endorsed by the National School of Government (NSG).
- The course is available at the NSG under the name certificate for entry into SMS and the full details can be obtained by following the below link:https://www.thensg.gov.za/training-course/sms-pre-entryprogramme/
- The successful candidate will be required to provide proof of completion of the NSG Public Service Senior Management Leadership Programme certificate for entry into the SMS.
- Furthermore, candidates shortlisted for the SMS post will be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job.
- Following the interview and the technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend a generic managerial competency assessment in compliance with the DPSA directive on the implementation of competency-based assessments.
- The person appointed to this position will be subjected to a security clearance, the signing of performance agreement and employment contract.
- The department reserves the right not to make an appointment.
- If you have not been contacted within three (03) months after the closing date of the advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- R176 310 per annum (Total package R302 136 per annum/ conditions apply)
- Mr N Devanunthan
- Tel: 021 405 9482
Download Full Vacancy
Lo msebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 16 ka May 2022