Department of Economic Development and Tourism Supply Chain Management Officer: Asset Management Cape Town
Closing date yi 2 ka December 2019
- The Department of Economic development and Tourism, Western Cape Government has an excellent employment opportunity for a competent individual to implement physical asset management frameworks and policies relating to effective and transparent management, control and monitoring of departmental assets.
- An appropriate 3-year tertiary qualification (National Diploma/B-Degree or higher).
Skills & Competencies
- Knowledge of the following: Legislation policies prescripts related to the PFMA;
- Supply Chain Management and Procurement prescripts;
- Knowledge of the LOGIS system;
- Good communication (written and verbal) skills;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Computer literacy skills;
- Decision making; Numeracy;
- Analytical and problem solving.
- Assist with: The with the development/revising and implementing of the asset management policies and procedures;
- Monitoring, evaluating and reporting on compliance with asset management policies and procedures;
- Execute and monitor the implementation of the asset acquisition, maintenance and disposal plans;
- Maintain, monitor and review the capturing of all movable assets in the Asset Register;
- Receipt and capturing of all movable assets in the Asset Register;
- Develop, implement and manage mechanisms to safeguard assets;
- Implementation of a system of movement of assets between locations;
- Plan and execute the asset verification process;
- Investigate and report on variances (shortages / surpluses);
- Ensure that the disposal of departmental assets occurs within the regulated framework;
- Initiate disposal of redundant / obsolete assets;
- Prepare monthly reconciliations with supporting schedules of the Asset Register to the relevant accounting records.
- Working experience in asset management or related environment.
- R257 508 per annum (Salary level 7).
Lomsebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 8 ka November 2019