Department of Economic Development and Tourism State Accountant: Management Accounting Cape Town
Closing date yi 2 ka December 2019
- The Department of Economic Development and Tourism, Western Cape Government has an exciting employment opportunity for a a highly motivated, pro-active, suitably qualified and competent Budget Analyst to support the Sub-directorate: Management Accounting.
- The ideal candidate must possess a sound financial background and be a driving force for change management and innovation within the Public Sector.
- An appropriate 3-year National Diploma/B-Degree (or higher qualification) in Management Accounting;
- A minimum of 3 years experience in Management Accounting;
- A valid code B driving licence.
Skills & Competencies
- Extensive knowledge of Financial Reporting procedures including Earmarked Funding Reporting, Reporting on Game Changers, etc;
- Knowledge of compiling submissions to the Accounting Officer, Ministers, Cabinet, Treasury;
- Ability to interpret relevant directives and policies;
- A high level of computer literacy (MS Office), especially high level of excel capability and managing databases in excel;
- Communication (written and verbal) skills;
- Organisational and numerical skills;
- Financial reporting skills.
- Assist in the following: Co-ordination of the Budgeting and Planning portfolio;
- Management of the Revenue and Expenditure Portfolio;
- Co-ordination of the Reporting portfolio;
- Participate in Committees/Forums/Working Groups.
Experience in the following:
- Cash flow management experience;
- Budget compilation experience;
- Compiling submissions.
- R316 791 per annum (Salary level 8)
Lomsebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 8 ka November 2019