Council for Geoscience - Bellville, Cape Town, Western Cape
Full-Time | Reception
Closing date yi 21 ka January 2022
- To perform basic clerical tasks in the reception area and be responsible for providing professional reception and information services to the Council for Geoscience staff and visitors and to be in charge of the conference facilities.
- Grade 12 plus 2 years relevant working experience
- Reception or administration qualification will be an advantage
Skills & Competencies
- Knowledge of operating the Phillips SOHO operators’ consol
- Knowledge of any switchboard system will be an advantage
- Must be computer literate
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Good telephone etiquette
- Must be able to work without supervision
- Good presentation and pleasant manner
- Must have good administrative skills
- Receive all visitors to the Council for Geoscience at reception, contact appropriate individuals to be visited, and direct visitors to them
- Operate Council for Geoscience PABX (switchboard and operators consol)
- Receive internal and external calls, connect, hold, transfer and disconnect telephone calls
- Provide information to clients and possible clients, and/or refer them to appropriate contacts, either in the organisation or elsewhere
- Assist employees and visitors who are utilising the conference facilities
- Assist with Fire Alarm and emergency evacuation procedures
- General administrative functions
- Any other ad hoc duties
- If you meet the above requirements and wish to apply, please send your application.
- Please quote the position title (Office Administrator: Human Resources) as a reference when submitting your application.
- The Council for Geoscience is committed to Employment Equity and diversity.
- In accordance with the Employment Equity prescripts, preference will be given but not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
- Females and people from previously disadvantaged groups and sectors are encouraged to apply.
- Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.
- If you have not been contacted within eight (8) weeks after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- All appointments are subject to vetting processes.
- Appointments are subject to positive vetting results.
- Peromnes Grade 13 (R 238 577.03 CTC Per Annum)
Lo msebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 15 ka January 2022