Breede-Gouritz Catchment Management Agency - George, Western Cape
Full-Time | Environmental
Closing date yi 25th ka June 2022
- To ensure compliance with the National Water Act, Act No. 36 of 1998
- An appropriate Diploma/B Degree in Natural Sciences/ Environmental Sciences/Environmental Management/Engineering or equivalent qualification in water resource management and environmental field with 1-2 years’ proven relevant experience in compliance monitoring in terms of the NWA, 1998 (Act No. 36 of 1998) or National Environmental Act, 1998 (Act No. 107 of 1998). A valid driver’s licence is a prerequisite.
- Assists to manage compliance monitoring of the water use legislation.
- Assists on advising all relevant sector bodies on policies and strategies relevant to the unit.
- Ensures execution of compliance inspections to prevent transgressions on industrial sites and investigate sources of pollution to protect the environment and ensure that companies comply with NWA and environmental regulations on pollution.
- Ensure compliance monitoring of water regulation by undertaking investigations and make recommendations for license applications.
- Monitor license conditions for the water use authorisations and V&V confirmations and implement a follow-up corrective action to ensure compliance with the water use regulation.
- Prevent transgression by assisting on implementation of the compulsory licenses in the WMA.
- Provide technical information and support to WMIs.
- Monitor the environmental flows, eco-systems, and habitant integrity.
- Ensure water quality objectives are maintained.
- Serve non-compliance findings letters to enforce compliance of the water regulations.
- Provide assistance on developing the business plan and strategic objectives for the component.
- Ensure the monitoring of compliance against the National Water Act, Act No. 36 of 1998 and another regulatory framework.
- Co-ordinate site inspections and monitor compliance within the Water Management Area.
- Provide advice and response to compliance related queries.
- Facilitate investigations of cases and to perform any other function incidental to such investigations.
- Refer matters investigated to the enforcement team and relevant authority for criminal prosecution.
- Perform any other functions as determined from time to time by the Agency.
- The BGCMA is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer and reserves the right not to make an appointment or withdraw the position.
- Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personal suitability check (criminal record, citizenship verification, financial / asset check, qualification verification and previous employment verification).
- The BGCMA may further subject candidates to assessments which would include competency assessment in the advertised position.
- Copies of foreign qualifications must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
- The successful candidate will be appointed on a probation of six (6) months and then permanent should all the conditions of the probation be satisfied.
- Preference will be given to South African Citizens or holders of permanent residence.
- Suitably qualifying candidates should e-mail a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) accompanied by an application letter.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit certified copies of all relevant qualifications, certificates, Drivers’ licence and copy of ID (not older than 6 months certification) on or before 25 June 2022, 16h00.
- DUE TO COVID-19 PROTOCOLS, ONLY E-MAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- Only one (1) email per submission (application) will be accepted per applicant.
- Enquiries: Ms Nolutando Ndlumbini-Gqetywa/ Ms Kathleen Makgatho at (023) 346 8000.
- Correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates.
- Applicants who have received no response within three months must consider their applications as unsuccessful.
- R340 331 per annum excluding benefits
Download Full Vacancy
Lo msebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 15 ka June 2022