Lomsebenzi has expired (SORRRRY). Either closing date yawo idlulile okanye if ubungena closing date ixesha lawo lidlulile nalo. Ngoba thina imisebenzi engena closing date siyigcina intsuku ezisixhenxe.
Candidate Attorneys X2
The Equal Education Law Centre (EELC) - Cape Town, Western Cape
Full-Time | Law
Closing date yi 25th ka September 2020
- The Equal Education Law Centre (EELC) focuses on public interest litigation and advocacy to advance the right to basic education in South Africa. The EELC also aims to develop young, skilled attorneys and law graduates in public interest litigation.
- EELC seeks to appoint two (2) Candidate Attorneys for its’ Bertha Justice Fellowship programme, to be based in Cape Town.
- An LLB degree (completed by January 2021)
- A demonstrated interest in human rights work and social justice.
Skills & Competencies
- A strong interest in research as a component of lawyering
- Oral and written communication skills in English
- Proficiency in other South African languages will be an advantage
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to make a two year commitment.
- Assist in strategic litigation cases
- Research in support of advocacy and litigation activities
- Conduct field research in communities
- Draft pleadings and legal opinions
- Assist in the drafting of research reports
- Provide input into draft policies and legislation
- Prepare documents for, and appearing in, court
- Liaise with clients, counsel and partners
- Assist with community engagement programmes
- Represent EELC in civil society and public forums.
- Please note that we are looking for candidates who wish to pursue a career in social justice in particular rather than just securing articles.
- Individuals from previously and currently disadvantaged population groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Email applications with the subject “Candidate Attorney 2021 application”:
- A covering letter detailing your interest in human rights, social justice, and the work of the EELC, and motivating why you have the necessary motivation, qualifications, skills and experience for this position. Please also include the names and contact details of two referees
- A detailed CV
- Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
- For more about the Equal Education Law Centre, refer to www.eelawcentre.org.za