Lomsebenzi has expired (SORRRRY). Either closing date yawo idlulile okanye if ubungena closing date ixesha lawo lidlulile nalo. Ngoba thina imisebenzi engena closing date siyigcina intsuku ezisixhenxe.
Senior Legal Advisor
Nedbank - Sandton, Johannesburg, Gauteng
Full-Time | Law
Closing date yi 29th ka September 2020
- To provide proactive professional legal advice and risk management services to internal clients to mitigate the banks legal risk.
- Matric/ Senior Certificate / Grade 12
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degree
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) Post Graduate Degree , Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
- 5 - 7 years experience as legal advisor
Skills & Competencies
- Banking knowledge
- Business Acumen
- Business principles
- Diversity management
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Legal Risk and practice management
- Nedbank culture and values
- Nedbank vision and strategy
- Regulatory, Legal and Economics Principles
- Research and development
- Stakeholder management
- Business writing skills
- Management information and reporting principles, tools and mechanisms
- Continuous Learning
- Decision Making
- Managing Work
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills
- Achieve goals and objectives by understanding and embracing the Nedbank vision and demonstrate the Nedbank values through interaction with team and stakeholders.
- Improve personal capability and stay abreast of developments in field of expertise by identifying training courses and career progression opportunities for self with input from management.
- Support personal growth and enable effectiveness in performance of roles and responsibilities by ensuring all learning activities are completed; experience gained and certifications obtained within specified time frames.
- Maintain knowledge management; and improve team success by sharing knowledge with team and stakeholders.
- Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in Nedbank Culture building initiatives.
- Achieve key business strategies (vehicle finance and home loans business) by participating and supporting corporate social responsibility initiatives.
- Add value to Nedbank by identifying and recommending opportunities to enhance processes; systems and policies and support implementation of new processes; policies and systems.
- Deliver on risk and compliance related projects by tracking progress and ensuring completion within specified time frames.
- Mitigate risk and minimize losses by identifying risk factors linked to non adherence to project timelines and recommended changes and courses of action.
- Improve business efficiency and minimize compliance risk by conducting gap analysis of business processes; and by scrutinising relevant monthly reports.
- Ensure delivery on projects by planning individual activities according to business needs and monitoring actions.
- Minimize overall business risks by engaging and obtaining stakeholders' view of where risks exists.
- Participate with banking industry bodies on issues that impact Secured Lending
- Make an informed recommendation to stakeholders by evaluating identified risks and by conducting observations; analysing data and interviewing relevant parties.
- Foster good relationships and promote business understanding by engaging in effective communication with stakeholders.
- Ensure full understanding of changes on relevant legislative issues by conducting ad hoc training.