Lomsebenzi has expired (SORRRRY). Either closing date yawo idlulile okanye if ubungena closing date ixesha lawo lidlulile nalo. Ngoba thina imisebenzi engena closing date siyigcina intsuku ezisixhenxe.
Technician: Control and Automation
Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - All provinces in South Africa, Not Applicable
Full-Time | Engineering
Coca-Cola Beverages South Africa has exciting Talent Pool opportunities for the position of Technician: Control and Automation. The role of the Technician: Control and Automation Technician delivers specialized high-level technical skills to support CCBSA manufacturing operations. The Technician: Control and Automation will develop calibration procedures for process instruments as well as coach understanding of process controls and the troubleshooting thereof.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Maintain Plant Standards and Infrastructure:
• Assist with developing adequate procedures/standards for automation, and be the lead to ensure that the plant standards are maintained
• Conduct Routine Backups of all automation systems (PLC, HMI, Scada Systems, Industrial PC’s and storage media, VSD and Servo systems and Machine Parameters)
• Maintain and Update Diagrams and Documentation (P&IDs, Schematics, Industrial Network, and Technical Documentation)
• Calibration – Ensure all plant instrumentation is calibrated, and calibration certificates archived
• Disaster recovery – Test and check Backups on a routine basis and make sure all automation
systems can be restored with minimal downtime
Reduce Control & Automation Downtime and Maintain Machine/Plant Reliability:
• Accurate and methodical faultfinding to determine root cause of breakdowns
• Continuous Root Cause analysis of technical problems/breakdowns and implement improvement measures to prevent repeat failures
• Continuous optimization of processes, machine operation/sequence in all areas (utilities, processing and production lines) to improve and maintain efficiencies, reduce electricity, water and waste
• Coach, guide and assist Electrical Machine Specialists/artisans to close skill gap
• Analyze downtime for trends and proactively eliminate major causes
• Attend FFA’S , MDT and pre-maintenance meetings
• Conduct Risk assessments on all automation equipment and mitigate risks
• Identify critical spares required for all automation equipment and ensure that critical spares
• Ensure the integrity and reliability of automation software and hardware by monitoring maintenance, adherence to standards and effective problem solving.
• Participate in the C&A community by enabling knowledge sharing and skill transfer.
• Standby duties is required for after hours support to the packaging lines, process and Utilities departments.
• Continuously keeps abreast with technology
Skills, Experience & Education
• National Diploma in Electrical Engineering (Light Current or Heavy Current)
• Trade Test in Instrumentation
Knowledge and Experience:
• At least 3 years’ experience as Control and Automation technician
• Sound knowledge and experience on Instrumentation, calibrations, configurations, maintenance, faultfinding, installation standards, documentation standards and instrumentation protocols.
• Basic knowledge and experience with Wonderware Archestra and Intouch based SCADA systems
• In-depth knowledge and experience of Siemens PLC hardware and software (Hardware Configuration and Programming) including STEP 7 and TIA Portal.
• In-depth knowledge and experience on Siemens HMI hardware and software including WinCC and TIA Portal.
• Sound knowledge and experience on the following industrial networks: Ethernet, Profinet, Profibus and ASI systems
• Sound bottling and High-speed packaging equipment knowledge and experience will be advantageous
• Sound experience in Variable speed drives ,configuration and diagnostics
• Experience in diagnosing servo systems failures
• Sound experience in restoring a failed PLC/Hardware/HMI or Industrial PC
• Experience in problem solving methodology