Lomsebenzi has expired (SORRRRY). Either closing date yawo idlulile okanye if ubungena closing date ixesha lawo lidlulile nalo. Ngoba thina imisebenzi engena closing date siyigcina intsuku ezisixhenxe.
Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - Comoros and Mayotte, Not Applicable
Full-Time | Manufacturing
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Manufacturing Director in Comoros and Mayotte at Coca-Cole Beverages Africa. Coca-Cola Beverages Africa is the largest African Coca-Cola bottler, accounting for 40% of all Coca-Cola volumes on the continent. CCBA is a market leader in the NARTD (non-alcoholic ready to drink market) in Africa. CCBA has an extensive footprint in Africa, employing over 16 000 employees. This is a senior level position.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Key Outputs and Accountabilities
To draw up and communicate a business plan annually so that direction and objectives of the department are optimally planned, executed and monitored in line with CCBA’s strategic objectives, namely:
• Business to be developed annually in line with strategic imperatives and benchmark guidelines
• Business plan to consist of production plans, quality plans, raw material utilisation plans, people development plans, unit structure, suggested projects, timelines and technology/equipment
• Monthly business plan reviews with realistic timelines
• Business plan and subsequent progress communication to team at regular intervals
• Business plan supports world class principles
• Interpret BP strategies to build business cases for improvement opportunities
• Develop and document strategy execution plans, and communicates to secure commitment to these
• Manage effective implementation of the execution plan
• Take action to prevent deviation from plan.
Manage Performance to Target
• Status of progress in Production (including all Key Performance Indicators) is communicated clearly
• Take appropriate corrective action to ensure that deviations to target performance are timeously identified and addressed
• Use the operational excellence agenda and Key Performance Indicator trends to maximize packaging performance.
• Correct sub-target performance in production
• Manage by ‘walking about’ to keep physical aspects of production operations clearly ‘in the mind’ and witness issues/problems ‘first-hand’;
• Manage to ensure that the ‘current status numbers’ of performance are clearly known at all times by all key individual managers and team leaders.
• Minimise waste
o Raw material and manufacturing and process sundry usage optimised.
o Opportunities for improvement identified and improvement plans prioritised and implemented
o Activity based costing principles embraced via effective departmental structure.
• Control fixed and variable cost
o Departmental goals and action plans developed and aligned to a reduction of Total Cost of Manufacturing.
o Departmental expenditure and usages regularly monitored.
o Continuous improvement on departmental targets managed.
• Lead the world class manufacturing drive
o Translate and implement Packaging, Manufacturing and Business strategies
o Continuous improvement with respect to management processes and philosophies demonstrated.
Manage Human Resources
• Education, training and development needs of employees analysed according to best practices.
• Career development processes are directed and managed.
• Recruitment, selection and induction procedurally and fairly applied.
• Conditions of employment are consistently and fairly applied.
• IR initiatives, policies, procedures and agreements are communicated for application, and applied.
Manage Plant, Process and Systems
• Ensure process and equipment integrity
o Cost effective management processes established.
o Formal Failure Analysis techniques entrenched.
o Overall maintenance management system implemented and sustained using TPM/RCM principles.
o Process capability studies carried out in order that optimal operation of systems is ensured.
o Production support systems development led.
o Support technical skills capability.
o Where capital expenditure is required to address shortcomings in process capabilities, the appropriate procedures are followed to carry out cost justifications
Manage and Co-ordinate Packaging logistics
• Capacity plans developed.
• Optimum capacity utilisation ensured while minimising stock held as days of cover.
• Operating Standards with central planning agreed.
• Optimisation of scheduling of materials and packaging activities managed.
• Manage new product development protocol for both packaging materials and products
Safety and Housekeeping:
• Ensures that the production teams apply proper safety and housekeeping procedures, and adhere to all legal requirements when carrying out their tasks.
• Ensures implementation of the appropriate CCBA and legislative policies (such as OSH act) on safety and housekeeping.
• Ensures that safety and housekeeping receive appropriate focus through regular checks and safety audits.
• Where unsafe work practices have been identified, is responsible for correcting this.
Skills, Experience & Education
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor of Science: Engineering (Required)
Speaking French is essential.
• 5 – 8 years production, technical and leadership experience in a FMCG environment
• World class manufacturing practices and principles
• Change Management
• Highly developed analytical skills with excellent problem solving capability
• Attention to detail and commitment to quality is non-negotiable.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to interact and influence at all levels of the organization.
• Proven leadership and management capability.
• Excellent planning and organisational skills.