Lomsebenzi has expired (SORRRRY). Either closing date yawo idlulile okanye if ubungena closing date ixesha lawo lidlulile nalo. Ngoba thina imisebenzi engena closing date siyigcina intsuku ezisixhenxe.
Supply Chain Clerk
Department of Water and Sanitation - Upington, Northern Cape
Full-Time | Government
Closing date yi 15 ka November 2019
- A Senior certificate/Grade 12.
Skills & Competencies
- Must be computer literate and have sound knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Basic knowledge of Supply Chain duties, procedures and practices.
- The ability to capture data, operate computer and collecting statistics.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the legislative governing in Public Service.
- Knowledge of working procurement procedures in terms of the working environment.
- Interpersonal relations, flexibility and team work skills.
- Basic knowledge of problem solving and analysis.
- Client orientation and customer focus skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Assist with the compilation and maintenance of records according to Supply Chain Management (SCM) prescripts, e.g. procurement batches, goods received, asset verification, and bar – cording of assets, courier services etc.
- Compile and maintain records e.g. asset records/database.
- Check and issue furniture, equipment and accessories to components and individuals.
- Identify redundant, non-serviceable and obsolete equipment for disposal.
- Verify asset register.
- Capture specification on the electronic purchasing system.
- Request and receive quotations.
- Place orders.
- Issue and receive bid documents.
- Provide secretariat or logistical support during the bid consideration and contracts conclusion processes.
- Compile draft documents as required.
- Receive requests for goods and services from end users.
- Place orders for goods and services.
- Receive and verify goods from suppliers.
- Capture goods and services receipt vouchers.
- Issue goods to end users.
- Applications must be submitted on a signed Form Z83 (cofa), obtainable from any Public Service Department, and should be accompanied by a comprehensive CV as well as certified copies of qualifications and Identity document.
- No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted.
- Note: If you have not heard from us within two (2) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- Preference will be given to previously disadvantage groups.
- Successful applicants will be required to undergo standard Government security clearance procedures including verification of qualifications.
- Should you be in a possession of a foreign qualification(s), it must be accompanied by an evaluation from South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
- People with disabilities are encouraged to apply for the posts.
- The Department reserves the right not to make an appointment.
- The successful candidate will be appointed on Standard Contract in terms of section 76 of the National Water Act, Act 36 of 1998.
- Be prepared to travel to remote areas and work overnight away from home on regular basis.
- Standby and occasional overtime work, including weekends and public holidays.
- Candidates may be subjected to skills and Knowledge test.
- Mr. S J Malan - (053) 830 8800