Administrative Officer: Cleaning Services Ref No: 2022/221
Department of Public Works and Infrastructure - Kimberley, Northern Cape
Full-Time | Government
Closing date yi 1st ka July 2022
- The Department of Public Works is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
- The intention is to promote representativity in the Public Service through the filling of these posts and with persons whose appointment will promote representativity, will receive preference.
- An indication by candidates in this regard will facilitate the processing of applications.
- If no suitable candidates from the unrepresented groups can be recruited, candidates from the represented groups will be considered.
- People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- A three-year tertiary qualification (NQF Level 6) in Public Administration or related field and relevant experience.
- A valid driver’s license.
Skills & Competencies
- Knowledge of Procurement and tender regulations, occupational health and safety, Labour Relations Act, Public Finance Management Act.
- Skills: numeracy, interpersonal and diplomacy skills, advisory skills, supervisory skills, general administration and organisational skills,
- Computer skills, analytical thinking problem solving skills, communication and report writing abilities.
- Creativity, ability to work under stressful situations, ability to communicate at all levels, people orientated, punctuality, assertive, hard-working self-motivated, ability to work independently.
- Willing to adapt to work schedule in accordance with office requirements.
- Facilitate the ordering, distribution of cleaning material and equipment.
- Prepare documentation for requisitions.
- Capture requests on LOGIS.
- Administer and verify the purchasing of cleaning materials and equipment.
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level.
- Participate in supplier sourcing and supplier contracts management.
- Execute the supervision of cleaning services to maintain hygienic environment.
- Administer cleaning schedules for clients.
- Administer requests from client departments.
- Monitor services rendered by in house staff and private contractor.
- Ensure preparation and allocation of uniform for new employees.
- Attend to clients’ queries and complaints.
- Assist in ensuring the implementation of Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Provide support in financial administration for cleaning services.
- Provide budget input for cleaning services.
- Assist with verification invoices that come from suppliers.
- Assist in monitoring of expenditure according to budget limits.
- Prepare quotation estimates.
- Ensure that all records of the financial activities are filed as required.
- Render general administration and supervisory work.
- Kindly take note that with effect from 01 January 2021, DPSA approved the new Z83 Application Form (obtainable from any Public Service department); applicants are requested to use the new application form as failure to do so will result in their application being disqualified.
- The Z83 form must be signed when submitted.
- To streamline the recruitment process to be more responsive to the public, as well as to create more protective measures during the pandemic by avoiding over-crowding and curb the costs incurred by applicants such measures should include the following regarding certification: Advertisement and accompanying notes must clearly capture the requirements for the certification to reflect that applicants must submit application with the following attachment (1) copies of qualifications, (2) identity document and (3) driver’s licence (where applicable) and any other relevant documents, such copies need not be certified when applying for the post.
- The communication from the HR of the department regarding requirements of certified documents will be limited to shortlisted candidates.
- Therefore only shortlisted candidates for a post will be required to submit certified documents on or before the day of the interview following communication from HR.
- The application for employment Form (Z83) provides under the sectional “additional information” that candidates who are selected for interviews will be requested to furnish additional certified information that may be requested to make final decision.
- It must be borne in mind that when a document is certified as a true copy of an original, the certifier only confirms it being a true copy of the original presented.
- Therefore, the certification process does not provide validation of the authenticity of the original document. The validation occurs when the documents is verified for authenticity.
- Regulation 67 (9) requires the executive authority to ensure that he or she is fully satisfied of the claims being made and these read with Regulations (57) (c) which requires the finalisation of Personnel Suitability Checks in order to verify claims and check the candidate for purpose of being fit and proper for employment. Applications not complying with the above will be disqualified.
- Should you not have heard from us within the next months, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
- Note: It is the responsibility of all applicants to ensure that foreign and other qualifications are evaluated by SAQA.
- Recognition of prior learning will only be considered on submission of proof by candidates.
- Kindly note that appointment will be subject to verification of qualifications and a security clearance.
- Faxed or late applications will NOT be accepted.
- Shortlisted candidates must be willing to undergo normal vetting and verification processes.
- Should you not have heard from us within the next 3 months, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
- R261 372 per annum
- Ms. A Xentsa Tel No: (053) 838 5345
Download Full Vacancy
- Post to: The Regional Manager, Department of Public Works, Private Bag X5002, Kimberley, 8301
- Hand Deliver at: 21-23 Market Square, Old Magistrate Building, Kimberley.
- For Attention: Ms. NJL Hlongwane
Lo msebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 20 ka June 2022