Lomsebenzi has expired (SORRRRY). Either closing date yawo idlulile okanye if ubungena closing date ixesha lawo lidlulile nalo. Ngoba thina imisebenzi engena closing date siyigcina intsuku ezisixhenxe.
Clerk: Correctional Policy Administration
Department of Correctional Services - Kimberley, Northern Cape
Full-Time | Government
Closing date yi 25th ka September 2020
- Grade 12 coupled with 8 years relevant work experience. OR National Diploma/Degree with no experience.
- Successful completion of Corrections Science Learner ship/ Basic Training.
- These requirements are in accordance with the relevant Occupational Specific Dispensation.
- Computer literate.
- Valid driver’s licence.
Skills & Competencies
- Plan and organize meetings, report writing.
- Punctuality, confidentiality, service delivery and client orientation, integrity and honesty, assertiveness, influence and ability to work under pressure.
- Correspondence to and from the Area Commissioner.
- Arrangement and administration of meetings.
- Planning and managing of activities for the Area Coordinator: Corrections.
- Communication on behalf of the Area Coordinator: Corrections.
- Handle Internal as well as External calls.
- Managing of classified information.
- Ensure that knowledge of classified issues to other persons is conveyed on a need to know basis only.
- Typing of documents for the Area Coordinator: Corrections Logistical
- Coordinating monthly statistics the Area Coordinator: Corrections.
Before you apply:
- All costs associated with an application will be borne by the applicant.
- The Department of Correctional Services is an equal opportunity employer.
- The Department will take into consideration the objectives of Section 195 (1) (i) of the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa, 1996 (Act 108 of 1996) and the Employment Equity Act, 1998 (Act 55 of 1998) in filling of these vacancies.
- It is our intention to promote representivity in respect of race, gender and disability through the filling of these positions.
- In support of this strategy, applicants need to indicate race, gender and disability status on the application form/CV.
- Applicants who have retired from the Public Service with a specific determination that they cannot be re-appointed or have been declared medically unfit will not be considered.
- Please take note that correspondence will only be conducted with the shortlisted candidates.
- If you have not been contacted within three (3) months of the closing date of the advertisement, please accept that your application is unsuccessful.
- Please do not call the department to enquire about the progress of your application.
- Applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, security vetting, qualification verification, and criminal records verification.
- Appointment to some of these posts will be provisional, pending the issue of a security clearance.
- If you cannot get a security clearance, your appointment will be reconsidered/possibly terminated.
- Finger prints may be taken on the day of interview.
- The Department of Correctional Services reserves the right not to fill any of these advertised posts.
- Applications must be Electronically submitted on form Z83 (Public Service Application form), obtainable from any Public Service Department, and must be completed in full.
- Applications must be accompanied by a CV, copies of qualifications, identity document and valid driver’s licence.
- All copies attached must be certified a true copy of the original and not older than six (6) months.
- Please send a separate and complete application for each post you apply for, stating the correct reference for each position you are interested in.
- Your complete application must be Electronically submitted via email
- Candidates must comply with the minimum appointment requirements.
- CV’s should be aligned to reflect one’s degree of compliance with the advert requirements and responsibilities.
- It is the sole responsibility of an applicant to ensure that their application reaches DCS on or before 25 September 2020 @ 15h45.
- Indicate the reference number and position you are applying for on your application form (Z83) and the subject line on the email.
- NO HAND DELIVERY APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- Ms. Ndlovu NC and Ms. Mkuni NJ
- 051 404 0242 or 051 404 0283
Download Full Vacancy:
FS & NC Region:
- AC Kimberley
- FS/NC 09/25
- R 215 586.00 per annum.