Unitrans Recruitment - Rustenburg, North West
Full-Time | General Work
- An opportunity has become available within our operations for an experienced General Worker who will be based at one of our contract.
- Please refer to the minimum requirements, duties and responsibilities below for further details of the available position.
- Grade 12
Skills & Competencies
- Medically fit
- Work in a safe manner i.e. Ensure all safety requirements are adhered too
- Prepared to work shifts, weekends and public holidays
- Clean criminal record
- Must have own reliable transport to and from work
- Able to carry out all reasonable instructions from Supervisor
- Washing of vehicles
- Loading of vehicles - when required
- General tasks i.e.
- Daily cleaning of Workshop/weighbridge area
- Check each compartment and verify that each compartment is completely empty prior to loading.
- Ensure trailer compartments have been flushed (cleaned) prior to moving from bovine to poultry/swine feed deliveries.
- Ensure correct feed is loaded from the appropriate bin, close bin and visually check the quality of the feed.
- During loading ensure that each compartment is not in danger of overflowing.
- After filling each compartment, the driver slowly moves the vehicle forward so that the next compartment lines up beneath the loading outlet. Extreme care must be taken to ensure that the assistant is securely positioned.
- Once the loading operation is complete, the compartment doors need to be secured by the truck assistant.
- Ensure samples are taken to the farm with each order delivered.
- Personnel may not wander off between the houses before or after discharging feed and must remain at the vehicle at all times.
- Maintain proper company image in transit and at customer premises (e.g. proper equipment maintenance and attire).
- General housekeeping of wash bay facility
- We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally.
- It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible.
- Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants, provided that this supports achievement of our Employment Equity goals.