Forestry Foreman (FOM 17/2022)
Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment - Mooifontein, North West
Full-Time | Government
Closing date yi 16 ka May 2022
- Applicants must be in possession of an ABET Level 4 or equivalent qualification with one to two (1-2) years’ experience in silvicultural activities and different operations related to plantation activities.
- A valid driver’s licence.
Skills & Competencies
- Knowledge of harvesting methods, record keeping, and supervisory.
- Sound organising and planning skills.
- Knowledge of operating a computer.
- Good communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, problem solving and numerical skills.
- Ability to work with difficult people.
- Responsible and loyal.
- Honest and reliable.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- The successful candidate will be responsible to allocate task to laborers as per production sheet.
- Ensure that the annual plan of operation is implemented.
- Coppice reduction, preparation of fire breaks.
- Control weed.
- Revenue verification and banking.
- Raising awareness.
- Provide on the job training that is, coppice reduction pruning, weeding.
- Provide coaching to staff.
- Application must be submitted on a New signed Z83 form obtainable from any Public Service Department and must be completed in full, also accompanied by copies of all relevant qualifications (Matric Certificate must also be attached), ID document, a valid Driver’s License (attached documentation need not be certified, certification will be requested when required) together with the recent Curriculum Vitae in order to be considered. Please note that should you not use the newly amended Z83 and completed, initialled and signed in full, the department reserves the rights to disqualify your application.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
- The National Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Preference may be given to appointable applicants from the underrepresented designated groups in terms of the Department’s equity plan.
- Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Correspondence will be limited to successful candidates only.
- Short-listed candidates will be subjected to screening and security vetting to determine their suitability for employment, including but not limited to: Criminal records; Citizenship status; Credit worthiness; Previous employment (reference checks); and Qualification verification.
- Short-listed candidates will be expected to avail themselves at the Department’s convenience.
- FOM 17/2022
- R147 459 per annum (Total package of R267 130 per annum/ condition apply)
- Ms Nonzame Gobodwana, Tel: 053 927 0843
Download Full Vacancy
- Human Resource Management
Lo msebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 1 ka May 2022