Bridgestone South Africa - Brits, North West
Full-Time | Engineering
Closing date ayichazwanga
Must ensure machine availability in Mixers, Tubers, Stock Prep, Tyre-Room, Curing, Final Inspection, 1N, Boss and QA department. (Electrical, Electronic, Instrumentation, Computer Hard & Software, Power-Electronics/Drives)
- 229x PLC’s with 59965x Digital I/O and 81x5 Analogue I/O.
- 53x PCs for machine control.
- 65x PCs for Boss.
- 153x Touch Panels, 480x Drives.
- 1351x electrical motors.
- 304x Servo motors and servo drives.
- BSc / BEng / BTech Electrical / Electronics (Mandatory)
- GCC or and professional registrations (advantageous)
- Project management qualification (advantageous)
- 5 – 10 years’ experience
- Experience with Electrical, Instrumentation, Electronic, Computer, PLC, systems (C&I)
- FMCG, Automotive or Mining Experience (advantageous)
- Knowledge of Rockwell & Mitsubishi software, hard ware and servos systems
Skills & Competencies
- Customer satisfaction: (Production, QA, Technical)
- Technical skills (Electrical, Instrumentation, Electronic, Computer, PLC)
- Proper understanding of process.
- Proper understanding of equipment & machines (including machine cycles).
- Systematic planning.
- Quick solution & problem-solving skills.
- Programming skills.
- Fault finding skills.
- Communication Skills.
- All employees have the necessary competencies and skills to function effectively.
- Faultfinding. (24/7 standby).
- Planned Maintenance.
- Evaluate & update maintenance lists.
- Spares & Stores Item management.
- Machine inspections.
- Call investigation & analyse.
- Production figures monitoring.
- People management.
- Scrap control & follow-up.
- Training to all members.
- Meeting, Meetings & Presentations!!
- ISO compliance.
Machine Improvements (Kaizens):
- Continuous Machine Improvements.
- Evaluate machines capability (quality, safety, capacity)
- Keep up with new technology and implementation.
- Energy saving.
- PLC & PC & Database programming.
- Monitor product quality.
- Monitor machine calibrations.
- Monitor scrap.
- Monitor equipment capability.
- Generate information reports.
- Machine modifications to improve quality.
- Evaluation & Test of latest technology.
- System design.
- Cost calculation.
- Machine Functional Spec and Cycle design.
- Hardware design.
- Software (Programming).
- Communication with outside contractors.
- Quotations & Purchase orders.
- Commissioning & tests.
- OHS Act & Sans compliance.
- Safety Checks.
- Safety standards review.
- Machine operation.
- Fire hazard.
- Control Maintenance budget.
- Control Capex budget.
- Overtime control.
- Equipment replacement for cost reduction.
- Continuous communication.
- In-house training.
- External training.
- Conflict management.
- If you can demonstrate the skills we are looking for and would like to make a difference in a Pioneering company dedicated to shaping a sustainable future of real-world mobility solutions, join us at Bridgestone!
- All applications will be reviewed.
- Our HR team will contact those applicants who we would like to invite for the next stage of the recruitment process.
- We are looking forward to hearing from you!
- You can learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on https://bridgestone-emia.com/