Fleet Manager Barloworld Transport
Barloworld Automotive & Logistics - Rustenburg, North West
Full-Time | Logistics
Closing date yi 28 ka June 2021
- Core purpose of the role:
- To supervise and oversee the co-ordination of operational resources by optimising the utilisation and profitability of the allocated fleet and workforce in accordance with company policies, goals and strategic objectives.
- Matric / Grade 12
- Relevant tertiary qualification in transportation/logistics/business management
- 5-6 years of experience in a transport management environment
- Schedule and route the fleet by accessing and interpreting the customer schedule, determining the availability of fleet and drivers compiling and implementing delivery plans, evaluating the effectiveness of delivery plans and ensuring that the briefing and de-briefing of drivers takes place.
- Manage fleet maintenance and appearance through: implementing service plans, CI checks and controls for vehicle equipment.
- Ensure that all fleet vehicles are roadworthy and that relevant certificates are displayed.
- Maintain the fleet database using the relevant systems.
- Supervise the scheduling and co-ordination of the driver's day to day activities including daily violations, leave and time- off.
- Manage driver performance through the relevant systems (incl. Drive Smart, DriveCam and fuel consumption) in line with company policies and procedures.
- Drive employee engagement through implementing effective communication forums (incl. SmartComs, counselling, coaching and mentoring).
- Manage driver disciplinary and grievance issues in line with company policies and procedures.
- Plan and co-ordinate driver onsite inductions, annual refresher training, annual medicals and on road training in line with company policies and procedures.
- Manage customer service by establishing and maintaining viable communication channels with customers and ensuring that contracted service levels with customers are exceeded.
- Manage risk by ensuring that drivers adhere to operational protocols, policies and procedures (incl. driving hour rules, authorisation of designated stop and sleep areas).
- Ensure compliance to health, safety, statutory, industry and customer requirements.
- Adhere to the company's Road Traffic Safety Management System (RTSMS).
- Ensuring that break downs of fleet are speedily attended to and manage the process for obtaining of damage estimates and carrying out of repairs.
Lo msebenzi ufakwe ngu Nthabeleng Moshoeshoeshoe nge 22 ka June 2021