South African Police Services Police Officers Yonke Indawo
Closing date yi 15 ka October 2019
The South African Police Service is recruiting for entry level Police Trainees and
invites applications from all races and gender for Enlistment in the Basic Police
Development Learning Programme (BPDLP) from young, energetic, intelligent,
physically and mentally fit individuals, dedicated to serving their country by pursuing
a career in policing.
- South African Citizen
- Be in possession of a Senior Certificate / National Senior Certificate / National Certificate (Vocational).
Skills & Competencies
- Be proficient in at least English and one other official language
- Between eighteen (18) and under thirty (30) years of age
- Have no previous criminal convictions and shall allow his or her fingerprints to be taken and background enquiries to be made
- Not have any tattoo marks of which will be visible and irreconcilable with the objectives of the Service
- Be prepared to take the oath of office
- Complete a medical examination
- Complete a physical fitness assessment
- Undergo a psychological and Integrity assessment as determined by the National
- Commissioner and be found to comply with the profile of a police official
- Be prepared to undergo such training as determined by the National Commissioner
- Be prepared to serve and be trained anywhere in the Republic of South Africa
- Body Mass Index of less than 30 / or Waist circumference ≤ 102 cm (males) and ≤ 88 cm (females).
- Prevent, combat and investigate crime
- Maintain public order
- Protect and secure the inhabitants of the Republic and their property
- Uphold and enforce the law.
Nantsi i-Application Form: COFA APHA.
- Basic Police Development Learning Programme (BPDLP) Selected applicants shall participate in a Basic Police Development Learning Programme (hereafter referred to as the PROGRAMME) for a period of 21 (twenty one) months.
- The PROGRAMME shall consist of three phases: Induction Phase One (1) month at a designated police station; Basic Training Phase Eight (8) months Basic Training at a designated SAPS Academy (with practical training at a designated police station; Probation Phase After successful completion of the Induction-and the Basic training Phases, the police trainee shall be appointed as a member of the Service under probation (12 months).
- During the Basic Training Phase of the PROGRAMME the Service shall provide free training gear, meals and accommodation to the police trainee. Trainees will also receive medical aid benefits for the duration of the 21-month Basic Training Learning Programme.
- Upon successful completion of the Basic Training Learning Programme trainees will be considered for permanent appointment as members of the SAPS. Placement: Successful candidates will be trained at any SAPS Academy in South Africa and will be placed at any Police Station / Unit in South Africa after completion of the Institution Phase How to apply: Complete the application form in your own handwriting.
- Applicants must take note of the fact that application forms and employment are not for sale and any payment offered by an applicant or promises provided in this regard will be investigated and may lead to criminal prosecution. Applicants may report such incidents to the National Anti Corruption Line at telephone number: 0800 701 701. Specify the post which you are applying for. Make sure you have signed your application form in front of a commissioner of oath.
- Attach certified copies of your: * ID Document, * Driver’s license, * Senior Certificate / National Senior Certificate or National Certificate (Vocational), * Additional qualifications, * Proof of residence.
Applications can be hand delivered at: The Provincial Office, Recruitment and Staffing, South African Police Service, Ehmke Street No. 04, Nelspruit next to Mlondolozi house.