Kruger National Park Security Guards (6 vacancies) Skukuza
Closing date yi 18 ka October 2019
- Matric plus minimum Grade D Security Certificate with PSIRA
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience as a Security Guard
Skills & Competencies
- Must have wide knowledge and ability in securing a building or a place
- Must have the ability to protect and serve
- Can easily detect suspicious things or actions
- Knowledge in using firearms and other security equipment’s
- Must have wide knowledge on first-aid
- Communication skills (verbal and written).
- Secure the park and its infrastructure from any act of emergency or violence and report any act of suspicious observations.
- Monitor the place, check unnecessary actions.
- Encode the names of persons who enter the KNP’s premises in the register.
- Guarding the area assigned to detect evidence of illegal entry or activities and ensuring that any material in the area has not been tampered with;
- Reporting unusual occurrences to the Shift Supervisor or Security Supervisor, Chief Security Officer or Protection Services Manager
- Conducting access control at all entry/egress points, ensuring only authorized personnel and vehicles are permitted entry;
- Conducting random searches of vehicles departing or entering the KNP property for illegal taking of things or pilferage;
- Providing physical security at Gates and related functions, including searches, parking and crowd control;
- Conducting random patrols of all posts, and searching each person who enters or exits the park and perform any other duties assigned.
- Correspondences will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
- If you have not been contacted within 14 days after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- NB: Please note that each applicant must indicate their nearest KNP camp and gates as well as their forum or land claimant constituency.
Candidates who meet the above requirements must forward their applications with the following documents:
- Detailed CV
- Certified copies of your Qualifications
- Certified copy of Identity Document
Tel No: (013) 735 4293
The application must be submitted to:
- Human Capital Management
- ATT: Zandile Ndlovu
- Private Bag x402, Skukuza, 1350