Lomsebenzi has expired (SORRRRY). Either closing date yawo idlulile okanye if ubungena closing date ixesha lawo lidlulile nalo. Ngoba thina imisebenzi engena closing date siyigcina intsuku ezisixhenxe.
Registered Nurses (Re-advertisement)
Higher Health - Various Areas, Nationwide
Full-Time | Nursing
Closing date yi 1st ka July 2020
Registered Nurses in the following provinces:
- X4 Eastern Cape (2 PE & 2 Mthatha)
- X2 Western Cape (based in Cape Town)
- X4 KwaZulu Natal (2 eThekwini and 2 Majuba)
- X3 Gauteng & North West (based in Centurion)
- X2 Limpopo (based in Polokwane)
- X2 Mpumalanga (based in Nelspruit)
- X2 Free State (based in Bloemfontein)
- X1 Northern Cape (based in Kimberly)
- The primary focus of this role is to promote health & wellness to students. The incumbent will be based at TVET’s or Universities and will be required to travel to different campuses in urban and rural based colleges. He/she must be knowledgeable and experienced in the conducting COVID19 screening & testing, HTS, TB, STI and provision of contraception amongst others etc. Assessing how each facility conducts every aspect of HTS, TB, STI & COVID19 as well as waste management and data recording.
- A 3-year National diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Nursing Science
- Registration with the South African Nursing Council or HPCSA
- At least 1 - 2years relevant nursing experience
- Experience in the public health sector would be advantageous.
Skills & Competencies
- Good interpersonal skills and confidence
- Attentive to detail
- Maintain confidentiality
- Mid-level computer skills essential
- Ability to utilize available data to provide appropriate recommendations;
- A valid driver’s licence essential
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task combined with ability to prioritize tasks and ability to learn quickly.
- Conducting screening as well as testing on COVID19
- Developing & implementing awareness campaigns on COVID19 and other health and safety programs at campus level with Campus Health & Wellness Coordinators
- Conducting HIV/TB & STI testing for students and staff
- Assessing and providing contraception and family planning to students & staff
- Assisting TVET & University structures as well district DOH teams in contact tracing of COVID19 positive students & staff
- Linking students to care on COVID19, HTS, TB & STI and conduct follow ups
Communication and advocacy:
- Participating in various trainings with district health, Higher Health training programs
- Participating in district health forums and AIDS councils with Campus health & wellness coordinators
- Participating in local forums with Campus Health & Wellness coordinators
- Liaising with relevant partners for support
Health Safety & Wellness:
- Developing disease prevention programs, such as smoking cessation, exercise, and healthy eating programs for students & staff
- Observing and assessing the work environment for potential dangers and hazards; overseeing and implementing emergency and disaster preparedness programs and planning
- Serving as a gatekeeper for healthcare services, including rehabilitation and disability matters, GBV, LGBTQI etc.
- Assisting with counselling of students on physical and mental health issues and guiding them toward community resources and/or other assistance programs
- Maintaining general facilities administration at both campus & provincial office level
- Waste disposal in accordance to health regulations
- Maintaining stock control & administration of storage of supplies & commodities
- Ensure that specimen handling, collection & delivery is strictly in accordance with the health regulations
- Maintaining a register for reporting of stats of students and staff attended to daily
- Documenting all students & staff illnesses and injuries
- Developing reports as per DOH and Higher Health reporting templates
- Submit daily, weekly, monthly reports of student & staff health status as agreed with Management.
- If you have already applied, there is no need to reapply.
Download full vacancy pdf: