Chief Personnel Officer: Employment Relations Ref No: HR 4/4/7/74
Department of Employment and Labour - Emalahleni, Mpumalanga
Full-Time | Government
Closing date yi 16 ka May 2022
- It is the Department’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post with a candidate whose transfer / promotion / appointment will promote representivity in line with the numeric targets as contained in our Employment Equity plan.
- Three (3) year relevant qualification in Human Resource Management/ Labour Relations Management.
- Valid Driver's Licence. One (1) – two (2) years functional experience doing Employment Relations Management Services.
Skills & Competencies
- Public Service Commission’s rules for dealing with complaints and grievances, Public Service Co-ordinating Bargaining Council’s Resolutions, Departmental policies and procedures, Interpretation of case law and trends in Labour Law, Planning and Organising, Research / Analysing, Batho Pele Principles, Public Finance Management Act, Employment Equity Act, Public Service Act, Public Service Regulations.
- Problem solving, Negotiation, Interpersonal, Presentation, Good Communication skills (oral and written), Research, Analytical, Report writing, Conflict, Computer Literacy.
- Conduct and analyse all grievances and complaints received from employees in the province.
- Draft charge and finalise all misconduct cases in the province.
- Represent the Department in all disputes referred to the General Public Service Sectoral Bargaining Council (GPSSBC) and the Commission for Conciliation Mediation and Arbitration (CCMA).
- Conduct advocacy sessions on employment related matters to the province.
- Provide administration support services in the section.
- All attachments for on line application must including Z83 be in PDF and in one (1) file, indicate the correct job title and the reference number of the post on the subject line of your email.
- Use the correct email address associated with the post.
- Failure to do so, your application will be disqualified.
- Applications quoting the relevant reference number must be submitted on the new form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.gov.za/documents.
- Received applications using the incorrect application for employment (old Z83) will not be considered.
- Each application for employment form must be fully completed, duly signed and initialled by the applicant.
- Failure to sign this form may lead to disqualification of the application during the selection process.
- A recently updated comprehensive CV as well as copies of all qualification academic transcripts including Senior Certificate, ID document and a Driver’s license where applicable should accompany a fully completed, initialled and signed new form Z83.
- Applicants must submit copies of qualifications, ID document and other relevant documents as indicated.
- Such copies need not be certified when applying for a post.
- The communication from the HR of the Department regarding the requirements of the certified documents will be limited to shortlisted candidates.
- Therefore, only shortlisted candidates for the post will be required to submit certified documents on or before the day of the interview following the communication from HR.
- Non-RSA Citizens/Permanent Resident Permit Holders must attach a copy of their Permanent Residence Permits to their applications.
- Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
- Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late, will not be considered.
- The Department does not accept applications via fax.
- Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered.
- Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
- If you have not been contacted within eight (8) weeks after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check (criminal record, citizenship, credit record checks, qualification verification and employment verification).
- The Department reserves the right not to make any appointment(s) to the above post.
- HR 4/4/7/74
- R321 543 per annum
- Mr M Matjeke Tel No: (013) 655 8700
Download Full Vacancy
- The Assistant Director: Human Resource Management & Employment Relations.
Lo msebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 2 ka May 2022