Assistant Program Manager
AQUITY Innovations NPC - Ehlanzeni District Municipality, Mpumalanga
Full-Time | Nursing
Closing date yi 17 ka May 2022
- AQUITY Innovations NPC has been appointed by the National Department of Health to serve as one of the GLOBAL FUND TB Sub-Recipients (SRs) in South Africa.
- The project activities will be implemented in Mpumalanga (Ehlanzeni district) and Eastern Cape provinces. (OR Tambo and Buffalo City Metro districts) whilst the head office positions will be based in Pretoria.
- A degree in nursing or equivalent, public health qualification an advantage
- Registration with the relevant professional body
- At least 5 years’ experience in public health programme management
- At least 3 years’ experience in large scale project management
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint required
- Experience with working in a health care environment
- Administrative and management skills
- Experience in Stakeholder management
- Valid driver’s license
Skills & Competencies
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to think strategically, proactively identify barriers and risks, and optimize use of the resources at hand
- Effective decision-making skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to build, lead, and motivate effective teams
- Ability to work independently and manage self towards goals
- Willingness to undertake additional tasks when necessary
- Effective delegation to and development of project staff
- Excellent communication skills (both interpersonal and written)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to quickly learning new systems and technology
- Ability to work well in a multi-cultural environment
- The Assistant Program Manager (APM) will be responsible for leading the effective management of this project in line with its objectives, timeframe and budget.
- This includes overseeing planning, management and implementation of activities by the members of the team, the day-to-day management of all operations and interactions within this project.
- The APM will report to the Program Manager at Head Office and will work closely with the TB programme manager and other managers (HIV, PHC, Information etc) at district level to ensure the most effective and efficient program delivery to drive the improvement of health and health care outcomes on the National TB program.
- This position requires a deep understanding of the public health system, public health knowledge, quality improvement knowledge and experience as well as excellent analytical, interpersonal, organizational, communication skills and the ability to exercise own discretion.
- Only candidates who are eligible to work in South Africa for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Should you require more information or require clarity on the above-mentioned position, please contact the HR Department on 012 010 3300.
Lo msebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 11 ka May 2022