South African Police Service General Worker (X29 Posts) Limpopo
Closing date yi 6 ka April 2020
- A Grade 10 qualification will serve as an advantage.
- Basic literacy, numeracy and Communication skills.
- Be able to read and write.
- Willing to work extended hours when necessary
- Fluency in at least two official languages, of which one must be English.
- Be willing to work irregular hours.
- Maintaining of a high level of hygiene in and around the workplace with the
- cleaning of the SAPS premises assigned to, which may include either or both
- inner and outer parameters
- Performing tasks of a routine nature, such as dusting the environment Polish furniture and floors
- Vacuum carpets and mopping of tile floors
- Remove refuse Perform maintenance tasks in and around the assigned premises
- Clean bathrooms and kitchens Safekeeping and handling of a variety of Aids in the cleaning of the premises
- Loading and unloading of goods
- Garden maintenance services
- Washing and cleaning of state vehicles, kitchenware and utensils.
- Applicants must display competency in the post-specific core functions
- At least Grade 10 Certificate (Std 8)
- Fluency in at least two of the official languages, of which one must be English Be able to render at least ten(10) years of pensionable service before reaching the pensionable age of 60 years Public service Act 103/1994.
- No criminal record or pending criminal/ departmental, relevant courses in the field of the posts will be an advantage.
- Only the official application form (available on the SAPS website and at SAPS recruitment offices) will be accepted.
- The Z83 previously utilized will no longer be accepted.
- All instructions on the application forms must be adhered to failure to do so
- may result in the rejection of the application
- The post particulars and reference number of the post must be correctly specified on the application form.
- *A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae must be submitted together with the
- application form.
- Certified copies of an applicant’s ID document, Grade 10(std8) Certificate qualifications obtained, service certificates of previous employers stating the occupation, proof of relevant experience in the field of the post.
- The copies must be correctly certified on the copy itself, not at the back.
- The certifications must not be older than three months.
- Qualifications submitted will be subjected to verifications checking with relevant institutions.
- The South African Police Service will verify the residential address of applicants and conduct reference checks.
- Appointment will be made in terms of the Public Service Act, 1994 as applicable to the post environment.
- Applications must be mailed timeously.
- Late applications will not be accepted or considered.
- Shortlisted candidates for appointment to certain identified posts, will be vetted in terms Of the Criminal Law (Sexual Offence and Related Matters) Amendment Act, 2007 (Act no 32 of 2007) and the Children’s Act2005 (Act No 38 of 2005).
- A candidate, whose particulars appear in either the National Register for Sex
- Offenders or Part B of the Child Protection Register, will be disqualified from appointment to that post.
- The criminal law (Forensic Procedures) Amendment Act, Act 37 of 2013 requires that all new appointment in the South African Police Service as from 31st of January 2015 provide a buccal (Inside cheek) sample in order to determine their forensic DNA profile.
- The forensic DNA profile derived from the sample will be loaded to the Elimination Index of the National Forensic DNA Database.
- All short-listed candidates will be subjected to fingerprint screening. Must have no previous convictions or cases pending
- Applications will be subjected to a vetting process which will include security screening and fingerprint verification
- Be willing to work .
- Correspondence will be conducted with successful candidates only.
- If you have not been contacted within 3 months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- The South African Police Service is under no obligation to fill a post after advertisement thereof.
- The SAPS application forms can be obtained from any SAPS Recruitment Office within the South African Police Service.
- SAPS Polokwane Ref No: LIM: 5/3/20 (x1 Post)
- SAPS Prov JOC - Ref No: LIM: 6/3/20 (x2 Posts)
- SAPS Seshego Ref No: LIM: 9/3/20 (x1 Post)
- SAPS Siloam Ref No: LIM: 10/3/20 (1x Post)
- SAPS Thohoyandou VCIU - Ref No: LIM: 11/3/20 (x2 Posts)
- SAPS Zaaiplaas Ref No: LIM: 12/3/20 (x2 Posts)
- SAPS Prov SCM - Ref No: LIM: 13/3/20 (x2 Posts)
- SAPS Musina VCIU - Ref No: LIM: 14/3/20 (x1 Post)
- SAPS Marble Hall STU - Ref No: LIM: 15/3/20 (X2 Posts)
- SAPS Lebowakgomo STU - Ref No: LIM16/3/20 (x2 Posts)
- SAPS Makhado STU - Ref No: LIM: 17/3/20 (x2 Posts)
- SAPS Bela-Bela Ref No: LIM: 18/3/20 (x2 Posts)
- SAPS Witpoort Ref No: LIM: 19/3/20 (x2 Posts)
- SAPS Hlogotlou Ref No: LIM: 20/3/20 (x2 Posts).
Download full vacancy:
- R102 534 per annum
- Capt Kobe Thabo at Tel No: (015) 290 6131
- PPO Ṋemaguvhuni Avhatakali at Tel No: (015) 290 6026
- PO Manoko Thabo at Tel No: (015) 290 6024.
Please forward your application, quoting the relevant reference number and the name of this publication.
- Post to: The Provincial Head, Personnel Management, South African Police Service, Private Bag X9428, Polokwane, 0700.
- Hand deliver to: The Provincial Office 44 Schoeman Street Polokwane, Land Bank Building.
- 06 April 2020 at 15:00