Lomsebenzi has expired (SORRRRY). Either closing date yawo idlulile okanye if ubungena closing date ixesha lawo lidlulile nalo. Ngoba thina imisebenzi engena closing date siyigcina intsuku ezisixhenxe.
Afgri - Various Areas, Nationwide
Apprenticeship | Engineering
Closing date yi 15 ka October 2020
- AFGRI is offering an opportunity for an exciting apprentice training programme at our various branches in South Africa.
- We seek dynamic, self-motivated individuals with the necessary technical ability wishing to qualify as an Artisan are invited to apply.
- The Apprenticeship Programme affords the incumbent the opportunity to grow within AFGRI under the mentorship of our leaders, informal training as well as on the job development rotations in multidisciplinary teams.
- This apprenticeship will be a 3 year in-service training experience.
- This will be towards a qualification known as Tractor Mechanic.
- The first 6 months is probation time period.
- This period is use for the company and the employee to make sure it is a long term relationship.
- Any party may withdraw in this period without any consequences.
- Thereafter the apprentice will be bind by an AFGRI contract and start his actual training.
- This training includes: The apprentice will be going to a Practical Training Institute in the different phases needed (If needed).
- At the same time the apprentice will be written-in for N subjects needed at a College and will study as distance learning (If needed and if available). It is expected to attend classes on Saturdays also.
- The distance learning might continue as needed while at workplace.
- The apprentice will undergo Product Training at the John Deere Training Facility in Boksburg and other suppliers as well as Internal training hosted by our own Specialists.
- Above mentioned training do not have training costs involved to the apprentice if passes, but any training failed need to redo on own costs.
- All the Apprenticeships are bound with the contract.
- This is a 3 year contract with AFGRI.
- Should the apprentice withdraw within the period of apprenticeship or the “work-back period” there will be costs involved.
- Depending on time and phase of withdrawal, the costs will be calculated.
- It is expected that the apprentice work back the time it took him to qualify.
- The contract cannot be extended for more than 4 years.
- If the apprentice has not been qualified in 4 years, the contract expires.
The successful candidate will have to relocate (if necessary) to one of the following branches:
- Marble Hall;
- Valid Driver’s license
- Communication Skills
- Admin Skills
- Computer literacy
- N2 subjects:
- Engineering Science
- Diesel Trade Theory
- and anyone of the following
- Industrial Electronics
- Engineering / Technical Drawing
- Motor Trade Theory
- Should the applicant not have the N2 qualification, the Matric Certificate will also be taken into consideration if the applicant has subjects such as:
- Mathematics (Not Literacy) (At least 40% / E-Symbol)
- Technical Mathematics (Not Literacy) (At least 40% / E-Symbol)
- Physical Science (At least 40% / E-Symbol)
- Technical Science (At least 40% / E-Symbol)
- Engineering Graphics and Design (At least 40% / E-Symbol)
Skills & Competencies
- A highly motivated individual
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Trained to be a Tractor Mechanic / Technician
- Repair and maintenance of related equipment
- Responsible for stock control
- Customer service
- General work in the workplace
- Applicants who are not in possession of the above qualifications can undertake N2 requirement subjects through Further Education and Training sponsored by AFGRI as part of the programme.
- Complete the screening and assessment questions to the best of your own knowledge.
- You might need at least 30 min for it.
- Learners must avail themselves for an interview and assessment process as defined by the company.
- Applicants who have not heard from us within 30 days of the closing date may assume that their applications have been unsuccessful, and are hereby thanked for their interest.
- The filling of these positions will be aligned to AFGRI's Employment Equity Policy.